Words containing mat
3 letter words containing mat
- mat — a dull or dead surface, often slightly roughened, as on metals, paint, paper, or glass.
4 letter words containing mat
- gmat — Graduate Management Admissions Test: a computer-administered aptitude test used as one of the selection criteria for admission into US business schools
- mate — a tealike South American beverage made from the dried leaves of an evergreen tree.
- math — an order of Hindu monks.
- mats — a dull or dead surface, often slightly roughened, as on metals, paint, paper, or glass.
- matt — to finish with a matte surface.
5 letter words containing mat
- amata — the mother, by Latinus, of Lavinia.
- amate — to be a match to or for (someone or something)
- amati — a family of Italian violin makers, active in Cremona in the 16th and 17th centuries, esp Nicolò (nikoˈlɔ), 1596–1684, who taught Guarneri and Stradivari
- amato — Pasquale [puh-skwah-lee,, -ley;; Italian pahs-kwah-le] /pəˈskwɑ li,, -leɪ;; Italian pɑsˈkwɑ lɛ/ (Show IPA), 1879–1942, Italian operatic baritone.
- matai — A Samoan chief.
6 letter words containing mat
- almaty — a city in SE Kazakhstan; capital of Kazakhstan (1991–97): an important trading centre. Pop: 1 103 000 (2005 est)
- amathi — Amittai.
- amatol — an explosive mixture of ammonium nitrate and TNT, used in shells and bombs
- comate — having tufts of hair
- fermat — Pierre de [pyer duh] /pyɛr də/ (Show IPA), 1601–65, French mathematician.
7 letter words containing mat
- agemate — a person roughly the same age as another person
- amateur — An amateur is someone who does something as a hobby and not as a job.
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
- amatory — of, relating to, or inciting sexual love or desire
- animate — Something that is animate has life, in contrast to things like stones and machines which do not.
8 letter words containing mat
- achromat — a lens designed to bring light of two chosen wavelengths to the same focal point, thus reducing chromatic aberration
- animated — Someone who is animated or who is having an animated conversation is lively and is showing their feelings.
- animatic — an initial edition or forerunner of a film, often a commercial, which contains a sequence of storyboard shots accompanied by a soundtrack
- animator — An animator is a person who makes films by means of animation.
- armature — a revolving structure in an electric motor or generator, wound with the coils that carry the current
9 letter words containing mat
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- adenomata — a benign tumor originating in a secretory gland.
- aftermath — The aftermath of an important event, especially a harmful one, is the situation that results from it.
- akhmatova — Anna (ˈɑnə ) ; änˈə) (pseud. of Anna Andreyevna Gorenko) 1889-1966; Russ. poet
10 letter words containing mat
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- acoelomate — any animal without a body cavity, such as a flatworm
- amalgamate — When two or more things, especially organizations, amalgamate or are amalgamated, they become one large thing.
11 letter words containing mat
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- acclimatize — When you acclimatize or are acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
12 letter words containing mat
- amalgamation — the action or process of amalgamating
- anagrammatic — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
- anastigmatic — (of a lens or optical device) not astigmatic
- anathematize — to pronounce an anathema (upon a person, etc); curse
- animatronics — a branch of film and theatre technology that combines traditional puppetry techniques with electronics to create lifelike animated effects
13 letter words containing mat
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- active-matrix — of or relating to a high-resolution liquid-crystal display (LCD) with high contrast, the most common type of flat-panel display.
14 letter words containing mat
- anti-dogmatism — dogmatic character; unfounded positiveness in matters of opinion; arrogant assertion of opinions as truths.
- astigmatometer — an apparatus for measuring the degree of astigmatism.
- astigmatoscope — an instrument for determining the presence and severity of astigmatism.
- astigmatoscopy — examination by means of an astigmatoscope.
- autocollimator — an instrument combining the functions of a telescope and collimator, for detecting and measuring very small deviations in a beam of light.
15 letter words containing mat
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- antepenultimate — third from last
- autocollimation — the process used in an autocollimator.
- brachystomatous — having a short proboscis, as certain insects.
16 letter words containing mat
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
17 letter words containing mat
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- confirmation-bias — the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions: Confirmation bias is a major issue when we get all our news from social media sites. Unfortunately, their experimental method was proven invalid due to confirmation bias.
- cryptoclimatology — See under microclimatology.
- materialistically — excessively concerned with physical comforts or the acquisition of wealth and material possessions, rather than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
18 letter words containing mat
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- paleoclimatologist — the branch of paleogeography dealing with the study of paleoclimates.
- polychromatophilic — having an affinity for more than one kind of stain, especially for acid, neutral, and basic stains, as polychromatophilic erythroblasts characteristic of pernicious anemia.
- preantepenultimate — third from the end.
- pseudo-symptomatic — pertaining to a symptom or symptoms.
19 letter words containing mat
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- hydropneumatization — utilization of air pressure in the housing of a water turbine to keep the level of water that has been used from rising to interfere with the rotor blades.
20 letter words containing mat
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
25 letter words containing mat
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
On this page, we collect all words with MAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2972 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.