Words containing man
4 letter words containing man
5 letter words containing man
- adman — An adman is someone who works in advertising.
- ajman — a sheikdom in E Arabia, the smallest of the United Arab Emirates, on the Persian Gulf. 100 sq. mi. (260 sq. km).
- amman — the capital of Jordan, northeast of the Dead Sea: ancient capital of the Ammonites, rebuilt by Ptolemy in the 3rd century bc. Pop: 1 292 000 (2005 est)
- atman — the personal soul or self; the thinking principle as manifested in consciousness
- axman — a person who wields an ax.
6 letter words containing man
- aidman — an army medical assistant attached to a field unit
- airman — An airman is a man who flies aircraft, especially one who serves in his country's air force.
- alaman — Lucas [loo-kahs] /ˈlu kɑs/ (Show IPA), 1792–1853, Mexican historian and politician.
- alcman — 7th century bc, Greek lyric poet
- aleman — Mateo (maˈteo). 1547–?1614, Spanish novelist, author of the picaresque novel Guzmán de Alfarache (1599)
7 letter words containing man
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adwoman — a woman who works in advertising
- ahriman — the supreme evil spirit and diabolical opponent of Ormazd
- almanac — An almanac is a book published every year which contains information about the movements of the planets, the changes of the moon and the tides, and the dates of important anniversaries.
- almsman — a person who gives or receives alms
8 letter words containing man
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- airwoman — An airwoman is a woman who flies aircraft, especially one who serves in her country's air force.
- akkerman — former name of Belgorod-Dnestrovsky.
- alamanni — a confederation of Germanic tribes, first recorded in the 3rd century a.d., that settled in the area between the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, and made harassing attacks against the Roman Empire.
9 letter words containing man
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- aeromancy — the interpretation of the weather and atmospheric conditions to foretell the future
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
- agromania — an abnormal desire to live alone, especially in an isolated area.
- alamannic — the high German speech of Switzerland, Alsace, and southwestern Germany. Compare Bavarian (def 3).
10 letter words containing man
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- airmanship — the skill or art of flying an aircraft
11 letter words containing man
- aircraftman — a serviceman of the most junior rank in the RAF
- aleuromancy — (in ancient times) the use of flour as a means of divination.
- anaximander — 611–547 bc, Greek philosopher, astronomer, and mathematician who believed the first principle of the world to be the Infinite
- anchorwoman — The anchorwoman on a television or radio programme, especially a news programme, is the woman who presents it.
- approximant — an articulation in which one articulator is close to another, but not sufficiently so to form a stop or a fricative.
12 letter words containing man
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- anglo-norman — relating to the Norman conquerors of England, their society, or their language
- antihumanism — opposition to humanism
- arithmomania — an obsessive desire to count objects, or a fixation with numbers and calculations
13 letter words containing man
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
- alectryomancy — an ancient form of divination, using a rooster to select grains of food placed on letters of the alphabet.
- anti-humanist — a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
- anti-humanity — all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.
- anti-romantic — of, relating to, or of the nature of romance; characteristic or suggestive of the world of romance: a romantic adventure.
14 letter words containing man
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- bildungsromane — a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.
- celto-germanic — having the characteristics of both the Celtic and Germanic peoples.
- cleptomaniacs' — kleptomania.
- coastguardsman — Coast Guard (def 3).
15 letter words containing man
- anti-humanistic — a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- costermansville — former name of Bukavu.
- counterclaimant — a claim made to offset another claim, especially one made by the defendant in a legal action.
- dutchman's-pipe — a climbing vine, Aristolochia durior, of the birthwort family, having large, heart-shaped leaves and brownish-purple flowers of a curved form suggesting a tobacco pipe.
16 letter words containing man
- anti-romanticism — romantic spirit or tendency.
- automanipulation — physical stimulation of one's own genitals.
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- gentleman-farmer — a man whose wealth or income from other sources permits him to farm for pleasure rather than for basic income.
17 letter words containing man
18 letter words containing man
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- gentleman-commoner — (formerly) a member of a class of commoners enjoying special privileges at Oxford University.
19 letter words containing man
20 letter words containing man
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
On this page, we collect all words with MAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4141 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.