Words containing mac
4 letter words containing mac
- dmac — duobinary multiplexed analogue component: a transmission coding system using duobinary techniques for the digital sound and data components of colour television using satellite broadcasting
- hmac — Keyed-Hashing Message Authentication
- imac — (computer) One of the trademark/brand names that Apple Inc use for their Mac family of personal computers.
- mac- — (in surnames of Scottish or Irish Gaelic origin) son of
- maca — Multiple Access with Colision Avoidance
5 letter words containing mac
- emacs — Any implementation or reimplementation of Emacs.
- mac-1 — (language) The assembly language used in the book cited below. See Mic-1.
- macao — a Portuguese overseas territory in S China, in the delta of the Zhu Jiang River and including two small adjacent islands. 6 sq. mi. (16 sq. km).
- macau — Macao.
- macaw — any of various large, long-tailed parrots, chiefly of the genus Ara, of tropical and subtropical America, noted for their brilliant plumage and harsh voice.
6 letter words containing mac
- -machy — struggle or contest
- aimaco — AIr MAterial COmmand compiler
- camaca — a heavy fabric of silk or mixed fibers, much used in the Middle Ages.
- formac — FORmula MAnipulation Compiler. J. Sammet & Tobey, IBM Boston APD, 1962. An extension of Fortran for symbolic mathematics. Versions: PL/I-FORMAC and FORMAC73.
- macaco — any of several lemurs, as Lemur macaco.
7 letter words containing mac
- animacy — the state of being alive and animate
- camacho — Manuel Ávila [mah-nwel ah-vee-lah] /mɑˈnwɛl ˈɑ viˌlɑ/ (Show IPA). Manuel Avila Camacho.
- commack — a town on central Long Island, in SE New York.
- cormack — Allan (MacLeod)1924-98; U.S. physicist, born in South Africa
- emacity — Desire or fondness for buying.
8 letter words containing mac
- apurimac — a river in S Peru, rising in the Andes and flowing northwest into the Urubamba River. Length: about 885 km (550 miles)
- caimacam — a Turkish governor of a sanjak
- cumacean — any small malacostracan marine crustacean of the Cumacea family, mostly dwelling on the sea bed but sometimes found among the plankton
- drammach — an uncooked mixture of meal, usually oatmeal, and cold water.
- emaciate — (transitive) To make extremely thin or wasted.
9 letter words containing mac
- antimacho — opposed to macho attitudes
- balmacaan — a man's knee-length loose flaring overcoat with raglan sleeves
- climactic — A climactic moment in a story or a series of events is one in which a very exciting or important event occurs.
- contumacy — obstinate and wilful rebelliousness or resistance to authority; insubordination; disobedience
- diplomacy — the conduct by government officials of negotiations and other relations between nations.
10 letter words containing mac
- amphimacer — a metrical foot consisting, in Greek and Latin verse, of one short syllable between two long ones, or, in English verse, of one unaccented syllable between two accented ones (Ex.: | hésĭtáte |)
- andromache — the wife of Hector
- antimachus — Also called the Colophonian. flourished c410 b.c, Greek poet.
- bimaculate — marked with two spots.
- dichromacy — The quality of having two independent channels for conveying color information in the eye.
11 letter words containing mac
- alismaceous — of or relating to the genus Alisma
- amphimacers — Plural form of amphimacer.
- brahmachari — a student of the Vedas, especially one committed to brahmacharya.
- callimachus — late 5th century bc, Greek sculptor, reputed to have invented the Corinthian capital
- climacteric — a critical event or period
12 letter words containing mac
- alexipharmac — an antidote
- antimacassar — a cloth covering the back and arms of chairs, etc, to prevent soiling or as decoration
- balsamaceous — any of various fragrant exudations from certain trees, especially trees of the genus Commiphora, as balm-of-Gilead. Compare balm (def 1).
- brahmacharya — the stage of life of the student, entailing study of the Vedas and complete celibacy, usually lasting for twelve years.
- climacterics — Plural form of climacteric.
13 letter words containing mac
- anti-macassar — a small covering, usually ornamental, placed on the backs and arms of upholstered furniture to prevent wear or soiling; a tidy.
- anticlimactic — of, having, or like an anticlimax
- antimacassars — Plural form of antimacassar.
- climactically — In a climactic fashion; like, or as, a climax.
- clishmaclaver — idle talk; gossip
14 letter words containing mac
- anti-climactic — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- contumaciously — stubbornly perverse or rebellious; willfully and obstinately disobedient.
- free-machining — (of certain metals) readily machinable at high speeds with low force.
- immaculateness — The characteristic of being immaculate; spotlessness.
- macadamization — to pave by laying and compacting successive layers of broken stone, often with asphalt or hot tar.
15 letter words containing mac
- anticlimactical — anticlimactic
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
- macro-sociology — the sociological study of large-scale social systems and long-term patterns and processes.
- macro-structure — the gross structure of a metal, as made visible to the naked eye by deep etching.
16 letter words containing mac
- contumaciousness — The property of being contumacious.
- machiavellianism — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machine-readable — of or relating to data encoded on an appropriate medium and in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- macro-linguistic — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroclimatology — the study of the climatic conditions of a large area.
17 letter words containing mac
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- ethnopharmacology — The scientific study correlating ethnic groups, their health, and how it relates to their physical habits and methodology in creating and using medicines.
- macro-linguistics — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroevolutionary — Pertaining to, or as a result of macroevolution.
18 letter words containing mac
19 letter words containing mac
- radiopharmaceutical — any of a number of radioactive drugs used diagnostically or therapeutically.
21 letter words containing mac
- psychopharmacotherapy — the use of psychoactive drugs in the symptomatic treatment or control of mental disorders or psychiatric disease.
On this page, we collect all words with MAC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 957 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MAC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.