Words containing lum
3 letter words containing lum
- lum — (Scotland, northern England) A chimney.
4 letter words containing lum
5 letter words containing lum
6 letter words containing lum
- alumna — a female graduate of a school, college, etc
- alumni — a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
- amylum — starch
- asylum — If a government gives a person from another country asylum, they allow them to stay, usually because they are unable to return home safely for political reasons.
- beflum — idle, deceptive, or cajoling speech
7 letter words containing lum
- alumane — (inorganic compound) The compound aluminium hydride, AlH3.
- alumian — (mineral) natroalunite.
- alumina — an oxide of aluminum, Al2O3, present in bauxite and clay and found as different forms of corundum, including emery, sapphires, and rubies
- alumish — resembling alum
- alumium — (obsolete) Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
8 letter words containing lum
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- aluminic — of or relating to aluminium
- aluminum — a silvery, lightweight, easily worked, metallic chemical element that resists corrosion and is found abundantly, but only in combination: symbol, Al; at. no., 13
- alumni's — a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
- alumroot — any of several North American plants of the saxifragaceous genus Heuchera, having small white, reddish, or green bell-shaped flowers and astringent roots
9 letter words containing lum
- aluminate — a salt of the ortho or meta acid forms of aluminium hydroxide containing the ions AlO2– or AlO33–
- aluminise — To coat with a layer of aluminium.
- aluminite — a mineral, hydrous aluminum sulfate, Al 2 (SO 4)(OH) 4 ⋅7H 2 O, occurring in white, chalky masses.
- aluminium — Aluminium is a lightweight metal used, for example, for making cooking equipment and aircraft parts.
- aluminize — to cover with aluminium or aluminium paint
10 letter words containing lum
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- aluminates — Plural form of aluminate.
- aluminized — Simple past tense and past participle of aluminize.
- antebellum — of or during the period before a war, esp the American Civil War
- calumniate — to slander
11 letter words containing lum
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
- animalculum — animalcule.
- aspergillum — a brush or perforated container for sprinkling holy water
- bryophyllum — a genus of plants of the family Crassulaceae with the ability to produce plantlets on their leaves or floral stems
- calumniated — Simple past tense and past participle of calumniate.
12 letter words containing lum
13 letter words containing lum
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- aluminography — algraphy.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
- alumosilicate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion [AlSiO4]-1.
- columelliform — like a columella.
14 letter words containing lum
15 letter words containing lum
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- plumbaginaceous — belonging to the Plumbaginaceae, the leadwort family of plants.
- plumbers-friend — Machinery. a pistonlike reciprocating part moving within the cylinder of a pump or hydraulic device.
- slumpflationary — of or relating to slumpflation
16 letter words containing lum
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
- chemiluminescent — Of, pertaining to, or employing chemiluminescence.
- chemoluminescent — (chemistry) Exhibiting chemoluminescence.
- non-illumination — an act or instance of illuminating.
- photoluminescent — luminescence induced by the absorption of infrared radiation, visible light, or ultraviolet radiation.
17 letter words containing lum
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- intercolumniation — the space between two adjacent columns, usually the clear space between the lower parts of the shafts.
- lumpenproletariat — the lowest level of the proletariat comprising unskilled workers, vagrants, and criminals and characterized by a lack of class identification and solidarity.
- photoluminescence — luminescence induced by the absorption of infrared radiation, visible light, or ultraviolet radiation.
18 letter words containing lum
19 letter words containing lum
On this page, we collect all words with LUM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 854 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LUM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.