Words containing ll
3 letter words containing ll
4 letter words containing ll
- all- — All- is added to nouns or adjectives in order to form adjectives which describe something as consisting only of the thing mentioned or as having only the quality indicated.
- alls — the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
- ally — A country's ally is another country that has an agreement to support it, especially in war.
- ball — A ball is a round object that is used in games such as tennis, baseball, football, basketball, and cricket.
- bell — A bell is a device that makes a ringing sound and is used to give a signal or to attract people's attention.
5 letter words containing ll
6 letter words containing ll
- abolla — a cloak worn by Roman soldiers, worn draped over one shoulder and fastened with a metal brooch
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- all-in — Wrestling. without restrictions; with virtually every type of hold permitted.
- allege — If you allege that something bad is true, you say it but do not prove it.
- allele — any of two or more variants of a gene that have the same relative position on homologous chromosomes and are responsible for alternative characteristics, such as smooth or wrinkled seeds in peas
7 letter words containing ll
- airbill — air waybill.
- all-day — available throughout the day
- all-out — You use all-out to describe actions that are carried out in a very energetic and determined way, using all the resources available.
- allayed — to put (fear, doubt, suspicion, anger, etc.) to rest; calm; quiet.
- alleged — An alleged fact has been stated but has not been proved to be true.
8 letter words containing ll
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
- actually — You use actually to indicate that a situation exists or happened, or to emphasize that it is true.
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
9 letter words containing ll
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
- aguadilla — a seaport in NW Puerto Rico.
10 letter words containing ll
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- adullamite — a person who has withdrawn from a political group and joined with a few others to form a dissident group
- aleph-null — the smallest infinite cardinal number; the cardinal number of the set of positive integers
- all'antica — in the manner of the ancients.
- all-around — You say all around to indicate that something affects all parts of a situation or all members of a group.
11 letter words containing ll
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
12 letter words containing ll
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
- additionally — You use additionally to introduce something extra such as an extra fact or reason.
13 letter words containing ll
14 letter words containing ll
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
15 letter words containing ll
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing ll
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- arteriocapillary — Relating to the arteries and the capillaries.
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
17 letter words containing ll
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
18 letter words containing ll
19 letter words containing ll
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing ll
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
23 letter words containing ll
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words with LL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16181 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.