Words containing lite
4 letter words containing lite
- lite — noting a commercial product that is low in calories or low in any substance considered undesirable, as compared with a product of the same type: used especially in labeling or advertising commercial products: lite beer.
5 letter words containing lite
- -lite — (in names of minerals) stone
- blite — any of a variety of plants in the family Chenopodiaceae, esp Amaranthus blitum
- clite — Classical Mythology. the wife of Cyzicus, who hanged herself when her husband was mistakenly killed by the Argonauts.
- elite — A group of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.
- flite — to dispute; wrangle; scold; jeer.
6 letter words containing lite
- aliter — Otherwise.
- aplite — a light-coloured fine-grained acid igneous rock with a sugary texture, consisting of quartz and feldspars
- clites — Classical Mythology. the wife of Cyzicus, who hanged herself when her husband was mistakenly killed by the Argonauts.
- elites — Plural form of elite.
- flited — to dispute; wrangle; scold; jeer.
7 letter words containing lite
8 letter words containing lite
- aerolite — a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
- armalite — a lightweight high-velocity rifle of various calibres, capable of automatic and semiautomatic operation
- backlite — (in automotive styling) the rear window of a vehicle.
- baculite — an extinct species of mollusc from the Late Cretaceous period, fossils of which have been found ranging from 7cm to 2m in length
- bakelite — Bakelite is a type of hard plastic that was used in the past for making things such as telephones and radios.
9 letter words containing lite
- aerolites — Plural form of aerolite.
- aliteracy — the state or quality of being able but disinclined to read
- aliterate — a person who is able to read but disinclined to do so
- amberlite — various insoluble cross-linked polymers used in water-treatment processes and in pharmacy
- anabolite — a product of anabolism
10 letter words containing lite
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actualité — humorous word for truth
- aliterates — Plural form of aliterate.
- alliterate — to contain or cause to contain alliteration
- arsenolite — a mineral, arsenic trioxide, As 2 O 3 , occurring usually as a white incrustation on arsenical ores.
11 letter words containing lite
- alliterated — Simple past tense and past participle of alliterate.
- amphibolite — a metamorphic rock consisting mainly of amphibole and plagioclase
- apophyllite — a white, colourless, pink, or green mineral consisting of a hydrated silicate of calcium, potassium, and fluorine in tetragonal crystalline form. It occurs in cracks in volcanic rocks. Formula: KCa4(Si4O10)2(OH1F).8H2O
- campbellite — a member of the Disciples of Christ.
- catabolites — Plural form of catabolite.
12 letter words containing lite
- agalmatolite — a soft, greenish, greyish or yellowish mineral, thought to be a variety of pinite, known particularly for its use by the Chinese for carving
- alliteration — Alliteration is the use in speech or writing of several words close together which all begin with the same letter or sound.
- alliterative — Alliterative means relating to or connected with alliteration.
- antiliterate — opposed to literacy, acting against literacy
- biosatellite — an artificial satellite for carrying living organisms
13 letter words containing lite
- alliterations — Plural form of alliteration.
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- anticellulite — acting against cellulite
- antisatellite — (of a weapon) designed to destroy satellites
- chrysophilite — a person who loves gold
14 letter words containing lite
- alliteratively — in an alliterative manner
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
- cuproscheelite — (mineral) A mineral (CuWO4) having the same structure as scheelite but with calcium replaced by copper.
- heracliteanism — the philosophy of Heraclitus, maintaining the perpetual change of all things, the only abiding thing being the logos, or orderly principle, according to which the change takes place.
- illiterateness — Quality of being illiterate.
15 letter words containing lite
- antimetabolites — Plural form of antimetabolite.
- ichthyodorulite — a spiny plate located on the tail and back of some fish or similar vertebrates
- ichthyodorylite — a fossilised fish-spine
- multiliteracies — Plural form of multiliteracy.
- non-alliterated — to show alliteration: In “Round and round the rugged rock the ragged rascal ran,” the “r” alliterates.
16 letter words containing lite
17 letter words containing lite
- computer-literate — If someone is computer-literate, they have enough skill and knowledge to be able to use a computer.
18 letter words containing lite
- literal-mindedness — the quality or state of tending to take words in their literal sense
On this page, we collect all words with LITE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 442 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LITE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.