Words containing lit
3 letter words containing lit
- lit — a simple past tense and past participle of light3 .
4 letter words containing lit
- alit — alight1
- blit — Bachelor of Literature
- clit — clitoris.
- flit — to move lightly and swiftly; fly, dart, or skim along: bees flitting from flower to flower.
- lite — noting a commercial product that is low in calories or low in any substance considered undesirable, as compared with a product of the same type: used especially in labeling or advertising commercial products: lite beer.
5 letter words containing lit
- blite — any of a variety of plants in the family Chenopodiaceae, esp Amaranthus blitum
- blitt — Bachelor of Letters
- blitz — If a city or building is blitzed during a war, it is attacked by bombs dropped by enemy aircraft.
- clite — Classical Mythology. the wife of Cyzicus, who hanged herself when her husband was mistakenly killed by the Argonauts.
- dalit — a member of the lowest class in India, whom those of the four main castes were formerly forbidden to touch
6 letter words containing lit
- aplite — a light-coloured fine-grained acid igneous rock with a sugary texture, consisting of quartz and feldspars
- bilith — a prehistoric structure consisting of a horizontal stone slab supported by an upright stone.
- blithe — You use blithe to indicate that something is done casually, without serious or careful thought.
- bolita — a form of numbers pool.
- canlit — Canadian Literature
7 letter words containing lit
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- agalite — a fibrous variety of talc.
- agility — the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
- anality — the characteristic or psychological state of being anal
- anility — of or like a foolish, doddering old woman.
8 letter words containing lit
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- aerolite — a stony meteorite consisting of silicate minerals
- aerolith — a meteorite consisting mainly of stony matter.
- aglitter — sparkling; glittering
- armalite — a lightweight high-velocity rifle of various calibres, capable of automatic and semiautomatic operation
9 letter words containing lit
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- actuality — Actuality is the state of really existing rather than being imagined.
- aeriality — the quality of being aerial; insubstantiality
- agilities — the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
10 letter words containing lit
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- acausality — having no cause.
- actability — capable of being acted or suitable for acting: He has written a very actable, well-structured play.
- actinolite — a green mineral of the amphibole group consisting of calcium magnesium iron silicate. Formula: Ca2(Mg,Fe)5Si8O22(OH)2
- actualité — humorous word for truth
11 letter words containing lit
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- adorability — the quality of being adorable or highly attractive
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
- aliturgical — designating those days on which the celebration of certain liturgies, especially the Eucharist, is forbidden.
12 letter words containing lit
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
- admirability — the quality of being admirable
13 letter words containing lit
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
14 letter words containing lit
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-sociality — unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
- anti-sterility — free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
15 letter words containing lit
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- autolithography — a lithographic technique by which the artist draws or traces with a brush and pen directly on a stone or plate.
- bioavailability — the extent to which a drug or other substance is taken up by a specific tissue or organ after administration; the proportion of the dose of a drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact after administration by a route other than intravenous
- chemolithotroph — Chemoautotroph.
- communicability — capable of being easily communicated or transmitted: communicable information; a communicable disease.
16 letter words containing lit
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing lit
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
18 letter words containing lit
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- histocompatibility — the condition of having antigenic similarities such that cells or tissues transplanted from one (the donor) to another (the recipient) are not rejected.
- incommensurability — not commensurable; having no common basis, measure, or standard of comparison.
- inconsequentiality — of little or no importance; insignificant; trivial.
19 letter words containing lit
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- gastroenterocolitis — (medicine) inflammation of the stomach, small intestines, and colon.
20 letter words containing lit
- mecklenburg-strelitz — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing lit
27 letter words containing lit
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
On this page, we collect all words with LIT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3361 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LIT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.