Words containing lect
4 letter words containing lect
- lect — (linguistics, sociolinguistics) A specific form of a language or language cluster: a language or a dialect.
5 letter words containing lect
6 letter words containing lect
- alecto — one of the three Furies; the others are Megaera and Tisiphone
- elects — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of elect.
- lectin — any of a group of proteins that bind to particular carbohydrates in the manner of an antibody and are commonly extracted from plants for use as an agglutinin, as in clumping red blood cells for blood typing.
- lector — a lecturer in a college or university.
- select — to choose in preference to another or others; pick out.
7 letter words containing lect
- collect — If you collect a number of things, you bring them together from several places or from several people.
- deflect — If you deflect something that is moving, you make it go in a slightly different direction, for example by hitting or blocking it.
- dialect — A dialect is a form of a language that is spoken in a particular area.
- ecolect — A language variety unique to a household.
- elected — Simple past tense and past participle of elect.
8 letter words containing lect
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- analecta — Analects.
- analects — selected literary passages from one or more works
- basilect — (in a region where creole is or has been spoken) the dialect closest to that creole and furthest removed from the most prestigious dialect (the acrolect) of the region
- collects — Plural form of collect.
9 letter words containing lect
- acrolects — Plural form of acrolect.
- alectryon — any sapindaceous tree of the genus Alectryon of Australasia, Southeast Asia, and Micronesia
- belection — bolection.
- bilection — bolection
- bolection — a stepped moulding covering and projecting beyond the joint between two members having surfaces at different levels
10 letter words containing lect
- -inflected — -inflected is used to form adjectives describing someone's voice or accent.
- anelectric — not capable of acquiring a static electric charge when subjected to friction.
- apoplectic — If someone is apoplectic, they are extremely angry about something.
- basilectal — (linguistics) of, or relating to a basilect.
- catalectic — (of a line of verse) having an incomplete final foot
11 letter words containing lect
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- atelectasis — failure of the lungs to expand fully at birth
- atelectatic — relating to or characterized by atelectasis
- bidialectal — fluent in two dialects of a language
- bioelectric — of or having to do with electrical energy in living tissues
12 letter words containing lect
- acatalectics — Plural form of acatalectic.
- alveolectomy — The surgical reshaping of the alveolar ridge to facilitate dental prosthesis.
- antielectron — an elementary particle with a positive charge, a positron
- bidialectism — proficient in or using two dialects of the same language.
- bye-election — a special election, not held at the time of a general election, to fill a vacancy in Parliament.
13 letter words containing lect
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- alectryomancy — an ancient form of divination, using a rooster to select grains of food placed on letters of the alphabet.
- antielectrons — Plural form of antielectron.
- antiselection — adverse selection.
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
14 letter words containing lect
- antireflective — treated in some way to prevent reflection
- apoplectically — of or relating to apoplexy or stroke.
- auger-electron — a nonradiative process in which an atom in an excited state undergoes a transition to a lower state by the emission of a bound electron (Auger electron) rather than by the emission of an x-ray.
- bidialectalism — the state of being bidialectal
- bioelectricity — electricity generated by a living organism
15 letter words containing lect
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- adrenalectomies — Plural form of adrenalectomy.
- cryoelectronics — the branch of electronics dealing with the application of low-temperature behavior, especially superconductivity, to electronic devices.
- dialectological — Of or relating to dialectology.
- diesel-electric — having an electric motor powered directly by an electric generator or by batteries charged by the generator, with the generator being driven by a diesel engine: a diesel-electric locomotive.
16 letter words containing lect
- collectivisation — Alternative spelling of collectivization.
- collectivization — to organize (a people, industry, economy, etc.) according to the principles of collectivism.
- diverticulectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a diverticulum.
- electroacoustics — a branch of acoustics that deals with the conversion of sound into electricity and vice versa, as in a microphone or a speaker
- electrochemistry — The branch of chemistry that deals with the relations between electrical and chemical phenomena.
17 letter words containing lect
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- dialectologically — In terms of dialectology.
- dielectrophoresis — Dielectrophoresis is the movement of uncharged particles (= ones with no electrical charge) when a changing electric field is applied.
18 letter words containing lect
- electroacupuncture — the insertion into the body of one or more needles through which an electric current is passed
- electrocardiograms — Plural form of electrocardiogram.
- electrocardiograph — A machine used for electrocardiography.
- electrocorticogram — a record of brain waves obtained by placing electrodes directly on the surface of the exposed cerebral cortex
- electrocyclization — (organic chemistry) an electrocyclic reaction.
19 letter words containing lect
- electrocardiographs — Plural form of electrocardiograph.
- electrocardiography — The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- electroconductivity — Electrical conductivity.
- electrodynamometers — Plural form of electrodynamometer.
- electrohydrodynamic — (physics) Of or pertaining to electrohydrodynamics.
20 letter words containing lect
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
- electroencephalogram — A test or record of brain activity produced by electroencephalography.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- electrophysiological — Of or pertaining to electrophysiology.
21 letter words containing lect
- electrochromatography — chromatography effected by the influence of an applied electric field
- electroencephalograms — Plural form of electroencephalogram.
- electroencephalograph — A machine used for electroencephalography.
- electromyographically — By means of, or in terms of, electromyography.
- electronystagmography — A diagnostic test to record involuntary movements of the eye caused by a condition known as nystagmus. It can also be used to diagnose the cause of vertigo, dizziness or balance dysfunction by testing the vestibular system.
22 letter words containing lect
- electroencephalographs — Plural form of electroencephalograph.
- electroencephalography — The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
- electrophysiologically — In an electrophysiological way.
23 letter words containing lect
24 letter words containing lect
27 letter words containing lect
- electroencephalographically — In an electroencephalographic way.
On this page, we collect all words with LECT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1127 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LECT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.