Words containing lec
4 letter words containing lec
5 letter words containing lec
6 letter words containing lec
- alecto — one of the three Furies; the others are Megaera and Tisiphone
- elects — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of elect.
- fleche — Architecture. a steeple or spire, especially one in the Gothic style, emerging from the ridge of a roof.
- flecks — Plural form of fleck.
- flecky — a speck; a small bit: a fleck of dirt.
7 letter words containing lec
- befleck — to fleck all over
- caleche — calash
- cenelec — Commission Européenne de Normalisation Électrique: the EU standards organization for electrical goods
- cleché — voided so that only a narrow border is visible
- collect — If you collect a number of things, you bring them together from several places or from several people.
8 letter words containing lec
9 letter words containing lec
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acrolects — Plural form of acrolect.
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- alecithal — (of an ovum) having little or no yolk
- alectryon — any sapindaceous tree of the genus Alectryon of Australasia, Southeast Asia, and Micronesia
10 letter words containing lec
- -inflected — -inflected is used to form adjectives describing someone's voice or accent.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- anammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31.
- anderlecht — a town in central Belgium, a suburb of Brussels. Pop: 92 755 (2004 est)
- anelectric — not capable of acquiring a static electric charge when subjected to friction.
11 letter words containing lec
- acatalectic — having the necessary number of feet or syllables, esp having a complete final foot
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- atelectasis — failure of the lungs to expand fully at birth
- atelectatic — relating to or characterized by atelectasis
- bidialectal — fluent in two dialects of a language
12 letter words containing lec
- acatalectics — Plural form of acatalectic.
- alveolectomy — The surgical reshaping of the alveolar ridge to facilitate dental prosthesis.
- antielectron — an elementary particle with a positive charge, a positron
- bidialectism — proficient in or using two dialects of the same language.
- biomolecular — relating to a biomolecule
13 letter words containing lec
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- alectryomancy — an ancient form of divination, using a rooster to select grains of food placed on letters of the alphabet.
- antielectrons — Plural form of antielectron.
- antiselection — adverse selection.
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
14 letter words containing lec
- antireflective — treated in some way to prevent reflection
- apoplectically — of or relating to apoplexy or stroke.
- auger-electron — a nonradiative process in which an atom in an excited state undergoes a transition to a lower state by the emission of a bound electron (Auger electron) rather than by the emission of an x-ray.
- bidialectalism — the state of being bidialectal
- bioelectricity — electricity generated by a living organism
15 letter words containing lec
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- adrenalectomies — Plural form of adrenalectomy.
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
- cholecystectomy — surgical removal of the gall bladder
- cholecystokinin — a hormone secreted by duodenal cells that stimulates the contraction of the gall bladder and secretion of pancreatic enzymes
16 letter words containing lec
- cholecystography — radiography of the gall bladder after administration of a contrast medium
- collectivisation — Alternative spelling of collectivization.
- collectivization — to organize (a people, industry, economy, etc.) according to the principles of collectivism.
- diverticulectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a diverticulum.
- electroacoustics — a branch of acoustics that deals with the conversion of sound into electricity and vice versa, as in a microphone or a speaker
17 letter words containing lec
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- cholecystectomies — Plural form of cholecystectomy.
- dialectologically — In terms of dialectology.
18 letter words containing lec
- electroacupuncture — the insertion into the body of one or more needles through which an electric current is passed
- electrocardiograms — Plural form of electrocardiogram.
- electrocardiograph — A machine used for electrocardiography.
- electrocorticogram — a record of brain waves obtained by placing electrodes directly on the surface of the exposed cerebral cortex
- electrocyclization — (organic chemistry) an electrocyclic reaction.
19 letter words containing lec
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- electrocardiographs — Plural form of electrocardiograph.
- electrocardiography — The measurement of electrical activity in the heart and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen), using electrodes placed on the skin of the limbs and chest.
- electroconductivity — Electrical conductivity.
- electrodynamometers — Plural form of electrodynamometer.
20 letter words containing lec
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
- electroencephalogram — A test or record of brain activity produced by electroencephalography.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
- electrophysiological — Of or pertaining to electrophysiology.
21 letter words containing lec
- electrochromatography — chromatography effected by the influence of an applied electric field
- electroencephalograms — Plural form of electroencephalogram.
- electroencephalograph — A machine used for electroencephalography.
- electromyographically — By means of, or in terms of, electromyography.
- electronystagmography — A diagnostic test to record involuntary movements of the eye caused by a condition known as nystagmus. It can also be used to diagnose the cause of vertigo, dizziness or balance dysfunction by testing the vestibular system.
22 letter words containing lec
- electroencephalographs — Plural form of electroencephalograph.
- electroencephalography — The measurement of electrical activity in different parts of the brain and the recording of such activity as a visual trace (on paper or on an oscilloscope screen).
- electrophysiologically — In an electrophysiological way.
23 letter words containing lec
24 letter words containing lec
27 letter words containing lec
- electroencephalographically — In an electroencephalographic way.
On this page, we collect all words with LEC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1379 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LEC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.