Words containing lac
4 letter words containing lac
5 letter words containing lac
- alack — used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc.
- black — lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- clach — a stone
- clack — If things clack or if you clack them, they make a short loud noise, especially when they hit each other.
- flack — antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combat airplanes at which the fire is directed.
6 letter words containing lac
7 letter words containing lac
- -placed — -placed combines with adverbs to form adjectives which describe how well or badly someone is able to do a particular task.
- anelace — a short sword having a double-edged blade tapering sharply to a point: worn by civilians from the 13th to the 16th centuries.
- barlach — Ernst Heinrich [urnst hahyn-rik;; German ernst hahyn-rikh] /ɜrnst ˈhaɪn rɪk;; German ɛrnst ˈhaɪn rɪx/ (Show IPA), 1870–1938, German sculptor and playwright.
- blacken — To blacken something means to make it black or very dark in colour. Something that blackens becomes black or very dark in colour.
- blacker — lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
8 letter words containing lac
- alachlor — a herbicide in the chloroacetanilide family
- alacrity — If you do something with alacrity, you do it quickly and eagerly.
- anyplace — Anyplace means the same as anywhere.
- blackcap — a brownish-grey Old World warbler, Sylvia atricapilla, the male of which has a black crown
- blackcod — sablefish.
9 letter words containing lac
10 letter words containing lac
- alacritous — cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness: We accepted the invitation with alacrity.
- ambulacral — one of the radial areas in an echinoderm, as the sea urchin, bearing the tube feet by which the creature moves.
- ambulacrum — any of five radial bands on the ventral surface of echinoderms, such as the starfish and sea urchin, on which the tube feet are situated
- amylaceous — of or resembling starch
- aplacental — (of monotremes and marsupials) having no placenta
11 letter words containing lac
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- appalachian — of, from, or relating to the Appalachian Mountains
- beneplacito — an indication of approval
- betulaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Betulaceae, a family of mostly N temperate catkin-bearing trees and shrubs such as birch and alder, some species of which reach the northern limits of tree growth
- blackballed — to vote against (a candidate, applicant, etc.).
12 letter words containing lac
- ampullaceous — shaped like an ampulla or a bladder
- anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- antiblackism — a belief or type of behaviour which exhibits hostility towards Black people
- apalachicola — river in NW Fla., flowing from the Fla.-Ga. border southward into the Gulf of Mexico: 90 mi (145 km)
- aplacophoran — solenogaster.
13 letter words containing lac
14 letter words containing lac
- black-and-blue — (of the skin) discoloured, as from a bruise
- black-on-black — concerning black people exclusively
- campanulaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Campanulaceae, a family of temperate and subtropical plants, including the campanulas, having bell-shaped nodding flowers
- chondromalacia — degeneration of cartilage in the knee, usually caused by excessive wear between the patella and lower end of the femur.
- circumgalactic — (astronomy) Surrounding a galaxy.
15 letter words containing lac
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- black-marketeer — to sell articles in the black market.
- catallactically — by or in the manner of exchange
- chartophylacium — (in a medieval church) a place for the keeping of records and documents.
- commonplaceness — The state or quality of being commonplace.
16 letter words containing lac
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- encephalomalacia — (medicine) A localized softening of the brain substance, due to hemorrhage or inflammation.
- hydrophyllaceous — belonging to the Hydrophyllaceae, the waterleaf family of plants.
- irreplaceability — The quality of being irreplaceable; inability to be replaced; (frequently) uniqueness.
17 letter words containing lac
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- diphenylacetylene — tolan.
- lackadaisicalness — without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
- thousandths-place — last in order of a series of a thousand.
18 letter words containing lac
- phenylacetaldehyde — a colorless, oily, water-insoluble liquid, C 3 H 1 4 O, having a hyacinthlike odor: used chiefly in perfumery.
20 letter words containing lac
24 letter words containing lac
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with LAC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1457 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LAC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.