Words containing ka
2 letter words containing ka
- ka — a spiritual entity, an aspect of the individual, believed to live within the body during life and to survive it after death.
3 letter words containing ka
- aka — aka is an abbreviation for 'also known as'. aka is used especially when referring to someone's nickname or stage name.
- kab — an ancient Hebrew measure equal to about two quarts.
- kaf — the twenty-second letter of the Arabic alphabet, representing a velar stop consonant sound.
- kai — (NZ, informal) food.
- kak — A subdivision of currency, equal to a 1/100th of a Cambodian riel.
4 letter words containing ka
- akan — a member of a people of Ghana and the E Côte d'Ivoire
- duka — (Kenya) A shop, store.
- haka — a ceremonial Maori war dance that involves chanting.
- ikan — (in Malaysia) fish used esp in names of cooked dishes
- ikat — a method of printing woven fabric by tie-dyeing the warp yarns (warp ikat) the weft yarns (weft ikat) or both (double ikat) before weaving.
5 letter words containing ka
- akaba — a seaport in SW Jordan, at the N end of the Gulf of Aqaba.
- akala — a Hawaiian shrub or climber, Rubus macraei, bearing a large, red, edible raspberry.
- akkad — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- anoka — a city in E Minnesota.
- asoka — died 232 bc, Indian emperor (?273–232 bc), who elevated Buddhism to the official state religion
6 letter words containing ka
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
- akasha — (in the philosophies of India) the ether, regarded as including material and nonmaterial entities in a common medium.
- akashi — a city on W Honshu, in Japan.
- akatea — a vine with white flowers, Metrosideros diffusa, found in New Zealand
7 letter words containing ka
- ajivika — a member of a former Indian sect originating in the 5th century b.c. as a heretical offshoot of Jainism: a disciple of Gosala.
- akademi — (in India) a learned society
- alaskan — of or relating to Alaska or its inhabitants
- alkalic — (of igneous rocks) containing large amounts of alkalis, esp sodium and potassium
- alkanet — a European boraginaceous plant, Alkanna tinctoria, the roots of which yield a red dye
8 letter words containing ka
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
- akaryote — a cell without a nucleus
- akkadian — a member of an ancient Semitic people who lived in central Mesopotamia in the third millennium bc
- alkahest — the hypothetical universal solvent sought by alchemists
- alkalify — to make or become alkaline
9 letter words containing ka
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- afrikaner — Afrikaner means belonging or relating to the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
- akarnania — Modern Greek name of Acarnania.
- akathisia — the inability to sit still because of uncontrollable movement caused by reaction to drugs
- alackaday — alack
10 letter words containing ka
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- akaryocyte — A cell that has no nucleus.
- alkalinity — the quality or state of being alkaline
- alkaloidal — relating to alkaloids
11 letter words containing ka
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- alkalescent — developing alkaline qualities
- alkalimeter — an apparatus for determining the concentration of alkalis in solution
- alkalimetry — determination of the amount of alkali or base in a solution, measured by an alkalimeter or by volumetric analysis
- alkanethiol — any compound containing an alkyl group joined to a mercapto group, as methyl mercaptan or methanethiol, CH 3 SH.
12 letter words containing ka
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- alkalization — Alkalinization.
- alkaptonuria — excessive excretion of homogentisic acid in the urine, caused by a hereditary abnormality of the metabolism of tyrosine and phenylalanine.
13 letter words containing ka
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
- apokatastasis — the state of being restored or reestablished; restitution.
- balkanization — If you disapprove of the division of a country into separate independent states, you can refer to the Balkanization of the country.
- dasht-e-kavir — large salt-desert plateau in NC Iran: c. 18,000 sq mi (46,620 sq km)
- dasht-i-kavir — a salt waste on the central plateau of Iran: a treacherous marsh beneath a salt crust
14 letter words containing ka
- disembarkation — to go ashore from a ship.
- heterokaryosis — condition in which a binucleate or multinucleate cell contains genetically dissimilar nuclei.
- heterokaryotic — condition in which a binucleate or multinucleate cell contains genetically dissimilar nuclei.
- kaieteur-falls — a river in central Guyana: (Kaieteur Falls) one of highest waterfalls in the world at 741 feet (226 meters). 100 miles (161 km) long.
- kaiserslautern — a city in S Rhineland-Palatinate, in SW Germany.
15 letter words containing ka
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- fischer-dieskau — Dietrich [dee-trik;; German dee-trikh] /ˈdi trɪk;; German ˈdi trɪx/ (Show IPA), 1925–2012, German baritone.
- gaudier-brzeska — Henri (ɑ̃ri), original name Henri Gaudier. 1891–1915, French vorticist sculptor
- kaffeeklatscher — a person who participates, especially regularly, in a kaffee klatsch.
16 letter words containing ka
17 letter words containing ka
18 letter words containing ka
On this page, we collect all words with KA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2158 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains KA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.