Words containing j
1 letter words containing j
- j — the tenth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2 letter words containing j
3 letter words containing j
4 letter words containing j
- adj. — Adj. is a written abbreviation for adjective.
- ajar — If a door is ajar, it is slightly open.
- ajax — the son of Telamon; a Greek hero of the Trojan War who killed himself in vexation when Achilles' armour was given to Odysseus
- ajee — to one side; awry.
- baja — a narrow peninsula in NW Mexico between the Gulf of California and the Pacific, forming two territories of Mexico. 55,634 sq. mi. (144,090 sq. km). Capitals: Mexicali (Northern Territory) and La Paz (Southern Territory).
5 letter words containing j
- abuja — the federal capital of Nigeria, in the centre of the country. Pop: 467 000 (2005 est)
- ajiva — (in Jainism) a thing without life or a soul
- ajman — a sheikdom in E Arabia, the smallest of the United Arab Emirates, on the Persian Gulf. 100 sq. mi. (260 sq. km).
- ajmer — a city in NW India, in Rajasthan: textile centre. Pop: 485 197 (2001)
- ajuga — a genus of herbaceous flowering plants in the mint family
6 letter words containing j
- abject — You use abject to emphasize that a situation or quality is extremely bad.
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- acajou — a type of mahogany used by cabinet-makers in France
- adjigo — a yam plant, Dioscorea hastifolia, native to SW Australia that has edible tubers
- adjoin — If one room, place, or object adjoins another, they are next to each other.
7 letter words containing j
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
- adjoint — a generalization in category theory of this notion
- adjourn — If a meeting or trial is adjourned or if it adjourns, it is stopped for a short time.
- adjudge — If someone is adjudged to be something, they are judged or considered to be that thing.
- adjunct — Something that is an adjunct to something larger or more important is connected with it or helps to perform the same task.
8 letter words containing j
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- adjacent — If one thing is adjacent to another, the two things are next to each other.
- adjoined — to be close to or in contact with; abut on: His property adjoins the lake.
- adjudged — to declare or pronounce formally; decree: The will was adjudged void.
- adjugate — adjoint (def 1).
9 letter words containing j
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
- adjective — An adjective is a word such as 'big', 'dead', or 'financial' that describes a person or thing, or gives extra information about them. Adjectives usually come before nouns or after link verbs.
10 letter words containing j
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- adjacently — lying near, close, or contiguous; adjoining; neighboring: a motel adjacent to the highway.
- adjectival — Adjectival means relating to adjectives or like an adjective.
- adjectives — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
11 letter words containing j
- adjectively — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
- adjectivize — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adjournment — An adjournment is a temporary stopping of a trial, enquiry, or other meeting.
- adjudicated — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- adjudicates — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
12 letter words containing j
13 letter words containing j
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- antirejection — acting to prevent the rejection of a transplanted organ
- azerbaijanian — a native or inhabitant of Azerbaijan.
- benjamin-bush — Also called spice-wood. a yellow-flowered, North American shrub, Lindera benzoin, of the laurel family, whose bark and leaves have a spicy odor.
14 letter words containing j
- bungee-jumping — the sport of jumping off a high structure to which one is attached by bungee cords, so that the body springs back just short of hitting the ground or water.
- conjunctivitis — Conjunctivitis is an eye infection which causes the thin skin that covers the eye to become red.
- countersubject — (in a fugue) the theme in one voice that accompanies the statement of the subject in another
- disjointedness — having the joints or connections separated: a disjointed fowl.
- double-jointed — (of particular people or animals) having unusually flexible joints that can bend in unusual ways or to abnormally great extent.
15 letter words containing j
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- barrancabermeja — a city in N Colombia.
- bonheur-du-jour — a delicate fall-front desk of the late 18th and early 19th centuries.
- conjunctionally — Grammar. any member of a small class of words distinguished in many languages by their function as connectors between words, phrases, clauses, or sentences, as and, because, but, however. any other word or expression of similar function, as in any case.
- crown-of-jewels — an annual herb, Lopezia coronata, of Mexico, having lilac-colored flowers with a red base.
16 letter words containing j
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing j
- benjamin-constant — Henri Benjamin [ahn-ree ban-zha-man] /ɑ̃ˈri bɛ̃ ʒaˈmɛ̃/ (Show IPA), (Benjamin Constant) 1767–1830, French statesman and author, born in Switzerland.
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- interjectionalize — to make into an interjection.
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
18 letter words containing j
- de-objectification — to present as an object, especially of sight, touch, or other physical sense; make objective; externalize.
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- jack-in-the-pulpit — A North American plant, Arisaema triphyllum, of the arum family, having an upright spadix arched over by a green or striped purplish-brown spathe.
- jack-of-all-trades — a person who is adept at many different kinds of work.
21 letter words containing j
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- conjunction-reduction — a rule that reduces coordinate sentences, applied, for example, to convert John lives in Ireland and Brian lives in Ireland into John and Brian live in Ireland
On this page, we collect all words with letter J. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6752 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains J that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.