Words containing ize
4 letter words containing ize
5 letter words containing ize
- baize — Baize is a thick woollen material which is used for covering tables on which games such as cards and snooker are played.
- bizet — Georges (ʒɔrʒ). 1838–75, French composer, whose works include the opera Carmen (1875) and incidental music to Daudet's L'Arlésienne (1872)
- dizen — to deck with clothes or finery; bedizen.
- maize — (chiefly in British and technical usage) corn1 (def 1).
- mizen — a fore-and-aft sail set on a mizzenmast. Compare crossjack, spanker (def 1a).
6 letter words containing ize
- agnize — to acknowledge
- assize — a sitting of a legislative assembly or administrative body
- belize — a state in Central America, on the Caribbean Sea: site of a Mayan civilization until the 9th century ad; colonized by the British from 1638; granted internal self-government in 1964; became an independent state within the Commonwealth in 1981. Official language: English; Carib and Spanish are also spoken. Currency: Belize dollar. Capital: Belmopan. Pop: 334 297 (2013 est). Area: 22 965 sq km (8867 sq miles)
- fizeau — Armande Hippolyte Louis [ar-mahn ee-paw-leet lwee] /arˈmɑ̃ i pɔˈlit lwi/ (Show IPA), 1819–96, French physicist.
- frizer — a person who gives a bur to the nap of a cloth
7 letter words containing ize
- agatize — to turn into agate
- agenize — to whiten (flour) using agene
- agonize — If you agonize over something, you feel very anxious about it and spend a long time thinking about it.
- anodize — to coat (a metal, such as aluminium or magnesium) with a protective oxide film by electrolysis
- apprize — to give notice to; inform; advise (often followed by of): to be apprised of the death of an old friend.
8 letter words containing ize
9 letter words containing ize
- academize — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
- accurized — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- actualize — to make actual or real
- advertize — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- alchemize — to alter (an element, metal, etc) by alchemy; transmute
10 letter words containing ize
- absolutize — to make absolute
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- advertized — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- advertizer — One who advertizes.
- aerobicize — (of a person) to perform aerobics
11 letter words containing ize
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- academicize — academize.
- accessorize — To accessorize something such as a set of furniture or clothing means to add other things to it in order to make it look more attractive.
- acclimatize — When you acclimatize or are acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
12 letter words containing ize
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- aestheticize — make aesthetic
- alphabetizer — to put or arrange in alphabetical order.
- americanized — If someone is Americanized, they do things in a way that is typical of the United States.
- amortizement — a sloping top on a buttress, pillar, etc.
13 letter words containing ize
14 letter words containing ize
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- catastrophized — Simple past tense and past participle of catastrophize.
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
- chemosterilize — to sterilize (insects or other animals) with a chemosterilant.
- commercialized — spoiled by commercial exploitation; degraded
15 letter words containing ize
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- conventionalize — to make conventional
- cosmopolitanize — to make cosmopolitan.
- cross-fertilize — to subject or be subjected to cross-fertilization
- debureaucratize — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
16 letter words containing ize
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
- compartmentalize — To compartmentalize something means to divide it into separate sections.
- conventionalized — to make conventional.
- institutionalize — to make institutional.
- internationalize — to make international, as in scope or character: a local conflict that was internationalized into a major war.
17 letter words containing ize
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- constitutionalize — to provide with a constitution
- deprofessionalize — to remove from professional control, influence, manipulation, etc.
- institutionalized — to make institutional.
- interjectionalize — to make into an interjection.
18 letter words containing ize
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- deinstitutionalize — to discharge (a patient) as from a mental institution
- non-contextualized — to put (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) in a context, especially one that is characteristic or appropriate, as for purposes of study.
19 letter words containing ize
20 letter words containing ize
- over-intellectualize — to seek or consider the rational content or form of.
On this page, we collect all words with IZE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2812 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IZE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.