Words containing ista
5 letter words containing ista
6 letter words containing ista
- arista — a stiff bristle such as the awn of some grasses and cereals
- crista — a structure resembling a ridge or crest, such as that formed by folding of the inner membrane of a mitochondrion
- distad — toward or at the distal end or part.
- distal — situated away from the point of origin or attachment, as of a limb or bone; terminal. Compare proximal.
- istana — (in Malaysia) a royal palace
7 letter words containing ista
- aristae — Plural form of arista.
- barista — a person who makes and serves coffee in a coffee bar
- batista — Fulgencio (fulˈxenθjo), full name Batista y Zaldívar. 1901–73, Cuban military leader and dictator: president of Cuba (1940–44, 1952–59); overthrown by Fidel Castro
- bistate — involving two states
- cristae — a crest or ridge.
8 letter words containing ista
9 letter words containing ista
- antistate — opposed to or acting against state authority
- aristaeus — a son of Apollo and Cyrene: protector of herds and fields
- aristarch — a severe critic.
- assistant — Assistant is used in front of titles or jobs to indicate a slightly lower rank. For example, an assistant director is one rank lower than a director in an organization.
- autopista — a Spanish motorway
10 letter words containing ista
- -resistant — -resistant is added to nouns to form adjectives that describe something as not being harmed or affected by the thing mentioned.
- antistatic — (of a substance, textile, etc) retaining sufficient moisture to provide a conducting path, thus avoiding the effects of static electricity
- assistance — If you give someone assistance, you help them do a job or task by doing part of the work for them.
- assistants — Plural form of assistant.
- camorrista — a member of a camorra
11 letter words containing ista
- adzharistan — an autonomous region in SW Georgia, bordered by Turkey and the Black Sea. 1120 sq. mi. (2900 sq. km). Capital: Batumi.
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- antistatism — the principle or policy of concentrating extensive economic, political, and related controls in the state at the cost of individual liberty.
- aristarchus — a crater in the NE quadrant of the moon, having a diameter of about 37 kilometres, which is the brightest formation on the moon
- assistances — the act of assisting; help; aid; support.
12 letter words containing ista
13 letter words containing ista
- antihistamine — An antihistamine is a drug that is used to treat allergies.
- assistantship — a graduate post which requires the student to carry out some teaching duties in return for financial assistance
- conquistadors — Plural form of conquistador.
- contristation — the act of contristing
- distastefully — In a distasteful manner.
14 letter words containing ista
- antihistamines — any of certain compounds or medicines that neutralize or inhibit the effect of histamine in the body, used chiefly in the treatment of allergic disorders and colds.
- antihistaminic — relating to antihistamines
- antiperistasis — a real or imagined process in which one part increases the force of an opposing part
- assistantships — Plural form of assistantship.
- conquistadores — one of the Spanish conquerors of Mexico and Peru in the 16th century.
15 letter words containing ista
- antiperistalses — Plural form of antiperistalsis.
- antiperistalsis — contractions of the intestine that force the contents in the opposite direction to the normal
- antiperistaltic — reversed peristaltic action of the intestines, by which their contents are carried upward.
- child-resistant — that resists being opened, tampered with, or damaged by a child; childproof: a child-resistant medicine cabinet.
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
16 letter words containing ista
- bullet-resistant — not allowing bullets to pass through
- crease-resistant — (of a fabric, garment, etc) designed to remain uncreased when subjected to wear or use
- cross-resistance — immunologic resistance to the pathogenic effects of a microorganism because of previous exposure to another species or type having cross-reactive antigens.
- gastro-resistant — A gastro-resistant tablet is designed to temporarily withstand attack by stomach acid.
- hyperperistalsis — the progressive wave of contraction and relaxation of a tubular muscular system, especially the alimentary canal, by which the contents are forced through the system.
17 letter words containing ista
- hyper-peristalsis — the progressive wave of contraction and relaxation of a tubular muscular system, especially the alimentary canal, by which the contents are forced through the system.
- magnetoresistance — a change in the electrical resistance of a material upon exposure to a magnetic field.
- weather-resistant — resisting the effects of severe weather, as rain or cold: weather-resistant cloth for topcoats.
19 letter words containing ista
- specific-resistance — the power or property of resistance.
On this page, we collect all words with ISTA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 374 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ISTA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.