Words containing ist
4 letter words containing ist
- bist — Built-in Self Test
- cist — a wooden box for holding ritual objects used in ancient Rome and Greece
- fist — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
- gist — the main or essential part of a matter: What was the gist of his speech?
5 letter words containing ist
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
- alist — inclined to one side; heeling or listing.
- bisto — a preparation for thickening, flavouring, and browning gravy
- deist — a believer in deism
- feist — Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. a small mongrel dog, especially one that is ill-tempered; cur; mutt.
6 letter words containing ist
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- ageist — Ageist behaviour is unacceptable behaviour based on the belief that older people are of less value than younger people.
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
- arista — a stiff bristle such as the awn of some grasses and cereals
- aristo — an aristocrat
7 letter words containing ist
8 letter words containing ist
- abristle — Bristling.
- activist — An activist is a person who works to bring about political or social changes by campaigning in public or working for an organization.
- agathist — A person who believes in agathism.
- aglisten — refulgent; glistening.
- alarmist — Someone or something that is alarmist causes unnecessary fear or anxiety that something unpleasant or dangerous is going to happen.
9 letter words containing ist
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- adventist — a member of any of the Christian groups, such as the Seventh-Day Adventists that hold that the Second Coming of Christ is imminent
- aegisthus — a cousin to and the murderer of Agamemnon, whose wife Clytemnestra he had seduced. He usurped the kingship of Mycenae until Orestes, Agamemnon's son, returned home and killed him
- aerialist — a trapeze artist or tightrope walker
- agistment — the act of agisting
10 letter words containing ist
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- administer — If someone administers something such as a country, the law, or a test, they take responsibility for organizing and supervising it.
- africanist — a person specializing in the study of African affairs or culture
- agronomist — An agronomist is someone who studies the growing and harvesting of crops.
11 letter words containing ist
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
- actualistic — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- adventurist — If you describe someone or something as adventurist, you disapprove of them because they are willing to take risks in order to gain an unfair advantage in business or politics.
12 letter words containing ist
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
13 letter words containing ist
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
14 letter words containing ist
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- administrating — to administer.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
15 letter words containing ist
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
16 letter words containing ist
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
17 letter words containing ist
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- congregationalist — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
18 letter words containing ist
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing ist
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
23 letter words containing ist
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with IST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6142 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IST that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.