Words containing is
4 letter words containing is
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- amis — Sir Kingsley. 1922–95, British novelist and poet, noted for his novels Lucky Jim (1954), Jake's Thing (1978), Stanley and the Women (1984), The Old Devils (1986), and The Folks that Live on the Hill (1990)
- anis — a French or Spanish liqueur flavored with aniseed
- apis — (in ancient Egypt) a sacred bull worshipped at Memphis
5 letter words containing is
- abris — a shelter, especially a dugout.
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- aegis — sponsorship or protection; auspices (esp in the phrase under the aegis of)
- agism — Alternative spelling of ageism.
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
6 letter words containing is
- a-axis — the horizontal crystallographic axis passing from front to back.
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- adonis — a handsome youth loved by Aphrodite. Killed by a wild boar, he was believed to spend part of the year in the underworld and part on earth, symbolizing the vegetative cycle
7 letter words containing is
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
8 letter words containing is
- abristle — Bristling.
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
9 letter words containing is
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words containing is
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
11 letter words containing is
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
12 letter words containing is
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing is
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
14 letter words containing is
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
15 letter words containing is
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing is
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
17 letter words containing is
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing is
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
19 letter words containing is
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing is
22 letter words containing is
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing is
28 letter words containing is
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with IS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24878 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.