Words containing il
3 letter words containing il
- ail — If something ails a group or area of activity, it is a problem or source of trouble for that group or for people involved in that activity.
4 letter words containing il
- ails — to cause pain, uneasiness, or trouble to.
- akil — a male given name: from an Arabic word meaning “one who uses reason.”.
- anil — a leguminous West Indian shrub, Indigofera suffruticosa: a source of indigo
- aril — an appendage on certain seeds, such as those of the yew and nutmeg, developed from or near the funicle of the ovule and often brightly coloured and fleshy
- axil — the angle between the upper surface of a branch or leafstalk and the stem from which it grows
5 letter words containing il
6 letter words containing il
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- aedile — a magistrate of ancient Rome in charge of public works, games, buildings, and roads
- aerily — in an aery manner
- agnail — a sore or swelling around a fingernail or toenail
7 letter words containing il
- abigail — the woman who brought provisions to David and his followers and subsequently became his wife (I Samuel 25:1–42)
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- acrilan — an acrylic fibre or fabric, characterized by strength, softness, and crease-resistance and used for clothing, upholstery, carpets, etc
- agilely — quick and well-coordinated in movement; lithe: an agile leap.
8 letter words containing il
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abutilon — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the malvaceous genus Abutilon, such as the flowering maple, that have showy white, yellow, or red flowers
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words containing il
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillean — the greatest Greek warrior in the Trojan War and hero of Homer's Iliad. He killed Hector and was killed when Paris wounded him in the heel, his one vulnerable spot, with an arrow.
10 letter words containing il
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- actability — capable of being acted or suitable for acting: He has written a very actable, well-structured play.
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aedilitian — one of a board of magistrates in charge of public buildings, streets, markets, games, etc.
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
11 letter words containing il
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adorability — the quality of being adorable or highly attractive
12 letter words containing il
- acetonitrile — a colourless organic chemical, CH3CN, used chiefly as a solvent
- acutilingual — having a sharply pointed tongue or mouth, as certain bees.
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- admirability — the quality of being admirable
13 letter words containing il
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
14 letter words containing il
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-sterility — free from living germs or microorganisms; aseptic: sterile surgical instruments.
- anticipatorily — of, showing, or expressing anticipation.
15 letter words containing il
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- assimilationism — the theory of promoting the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
- assimilationist — a person who favours and promotes the incorporation and mixing of different groups in society
16 letter words containing il
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- arteriocapillary — Relating to the arteries and the capillaries.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing il
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing il
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
19 letter words containing il
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
20 letter words containing il
22 letter words containing il
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
On this page, we collect all words with IL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13917 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.