Words containing ide
3 letter words containing ide
- ide — A freshwater keyword fish of the family Cyprinidae, found across northern Europe and Asia, Leuciscus idus. (from 19th c.).
4 letter words containing ide
- aide — An aide is an assistant to someone who has an important job, especially in government or in the armed forces.
- bide — to continue in a certain place or state; stay
- fide — in bad faith; not genuine.
- gide — André (Paul Guillaume) [ahn-drey pawl gee-yohm] /ɑ̃ˈdreɪ pɔl giˈyoʊm/ (Show IPA), 1869–1951, French novelist, essayist, poet, and critic: Nobel Prize 1947.
- hide — Informal. to administer a beating to; thrash.
5 letter words containing ide
- abide — to tolerate; put up with
- aided — to provide support for or relief to; help: to aid the homeless victims of the fire.
- aider — to provide support for or relief to; help: to aid the homeless victims of the fire.
- aides — nurse's aide.
- amide — any organic compound containing the functional group -CONH2
6 letter words containing ide
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abided — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- arride — to gladden or give pleasure or satisfaction to (a person)
- b-side — The B-side of a pop record has the less important or less popular song on it. Compare A-side.
7 letter words containing ide
- airside — the part of an airport nearest the aircraft, the boundary of which is the security check, customs, passport control, etc
- alcaide — the commander of a fortress or castle
- alcides — Hercules
- anilide — any compound containing the univalent group C 6 H 5 NH–, derived from aniline, as acetanilide, C 8 H 9 NO.
- apsides — Astronomy. either of two points in an eccentric orbit, one (higher apsis) farthest from the center of attraction, the other (lower apsis) nearest to the center of attraction.
8 letter words containing ide
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
- accident — An accident happens when a vehicle hits a person, an object, or another vehicle, causing injury or damage.
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- adelaide — the capital of South Australia: Port Adelaide, 11 km (7 miles) away on St Vincent Gulf, handles the bulk of exports. Pop: 1 225 235 (2011)
9 letter words containing ide
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
- alongside — If one thing is alongside another thing, the first thing is next to the second.
10 letter words containing ide
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
11 letter words containing ide
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- almoravides — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa from 1056 to 1147.
- arabinoside — a glycoside yielding arabinose when hydrolysed
- asteroidean — an echinoderm of the class Asteroidea, comprising the starfishes.
- bacchylides — flourished 5th century b.c, Greek poet.
12 letter words containing ide
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- aide-de-camp — An aide-de-camp is an officer in the armed forces who helps an officer of higher rank.
- aide-memoire — An aide-memoire is something such as a list that you use to remind you of something.
- ambidextrous — Someone who is ambidextrous can use both their right hand and their left hand equally skilfully.
- ambrettolide — a colorless liquid, C 16 H 28 O 2 , having a strong musky odor, used as a fixative in the manufacture of perfume.
13 letter words containing ide
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
14 letter words containing ide
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- antidemocratic — opposed to the principles or practice of democracy
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
15 letter words containing ide
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
- confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- considerateness — showing kindly awareness or regard for another's feelings, circumstances, etc.: a very considerate critic.
- counterevidence — evidence that refutes other evidence
16 letter words containing ide
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- cyclophosphamide — an alkylating agent used in the treatment of leukaemia and lymphomas
- diethyltoluamide — a liquid, C 12 H 17 NO, used as an insect repellent and resin solvent.
17 letter words containing ide
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- dimethylsulfoxide — DMSO.
- haemorrhoidectomy — surgical removal of haemorrhoids
18 letter words containing ide
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- lipopolysaccharide — any of a class of polysaccharides to which lipids are attached.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
19 letter words containing ide
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
- non-confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
21 letter words containing ide
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
On this page, we collect all words with IDE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3159 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IDE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.