Words containing id
3 letter words containing id
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
- bid — A bid for something or a bid to do something is an attempt to obtain it or do it.
- cid — The CID is the branch of the police force in Britain concerned with finding out who has committed crimes. CID is an abbreviation for 'Criminal Investigation Department'.
- did — Did is the past tense of do1.
4 letter words containing id
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- aida — a cotton fabric with a natural mesh
- aide — An aide is an assistant to someone who has an important job, especially in government or in the armed forces.
- aids — AIDS is a disease which destroys the natural system of protection that the body has against other diseases. AIDS is an abbreviation for 'acquired immune deficiency syndrome'.
- amid — If something happens amid noises or events of some kind, it happens while the other things are happening.
5 letter words containing id
- abide — to tolerate; put up with
- acidy — of the nature of or resembling acid; sharp; sour: an acidy taste.
- acrid — An acrid smell or taste is strong and sharp, and usually unpleasant.
- aidan — Saint. died 651 ad, Irish missionary in Northumbria, who founded the monastery at Lindisfarne (635). Feast day: Aug 31
- aided — to provide support for or relief to; help: to aid the homeless victims of the fire.
6 letter words containing id
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abided — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- acidic — Acidic substances contain acid.
7 letter words containing id
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
8 letter words containing id
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abidance — the act or state of abiding.
- aboideau — a dyke with a sluicegate that allows flood water to drain but keeps the sea water out
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- accident — An accident happens when a vehicle hits a person, an object, or another vehicle, causing injury or damage.
9 letter words containing id
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
10 letter words containing id
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
11 letter words containing id
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing id
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- aide-de-camp — An aide-de-camp is an officer in the armed forces who helps an officer of higher rank.
- aide-memoire — An aide-memoire is something such as a list that you use to remind you of something.
13 letter words containing id
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
14 letter words containing id
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
15 letter words containing id
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
- atlantic-ridley — ridley (def 1).
16 letter words containing id
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
17 letter words containing id
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- cryptosporidiosis — a disease caused by protozoan parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium, characterized by fever and gastrointestinal symptoms and typically spread via contaminated drinking water.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
18 letter words containing id
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
19 letter words containing id
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
20 letter words containing id
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
22 letter words containing id
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
25 letter words containing id
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing id
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9232 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.