Words containing hyp
4 letter words containing hyp
5 letter words containing hyp
- hyped — to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually followed by up): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.
- hyper — overexcited; overstimulated; keyed up.
- hypes — Plural form of hype.
- hypha — (in a fungus) one of the threadlike elements of the mycelium.
- hyphy — (slang) Rambunctious, loud, crazy, dangerous, irrational, and outrageous in behavior.
6 letter words containing hyp
- chypre — a perfume made from sandalwood
- hypate — (on the ancient Greek lyre) the highest placed string, producing the lowest tone
- hyper- — Hyper- is used to form adjectives that describe someone as having a lot or too much of a particular quality.
- hyphae — (in a fungus) one of the threadlike elements of the mycelium.
- hyphal — Of or pertaining to hyphae.
7 letter words containing hyp
- hypatia — a.d. c370–415, Greek philosopher renowned for her beauty.
- hypeman — Alternative spelling of hype man.
- hyper-c — A data parallel extension of C from HyperParallel Tech, France, for PVM, CM and Maspar. It is available from Fortunel Systems <[email protected]>, +1 (919) 319 1624. E-mail: <[email protected]>.
- hyperon — any baryon with strangeness other than zero, especially one with a relatively long lifetime.
- hyphema — hemorrhage in the anterior chamber of the eye, usually caused by trauma.
8 letter words containing hyp
- dehyphen — a short line (-) used to connect the parts of a compound word or the parts of a word divided for any purpose.
- hypalgia — reduced sensitivity to pain
- hyped-up — intensively or excessively stimulated or exaggerated: an economy hyped-up by arms spending.
- hypergol — any hypergolic agent.
- hyperion — Classical Mythology. a Titan, the father of Helios, Selene, and Eos.
9 letter words containing hyp
- cohyponym — a word that is one of multiple hyponyms of another word
- de-hyphen — a short line (-) used to connect the parts of a compound word or the parts of a word divided for any purpose.
- hypallage — the reversal of the expected syntactic relation between two words, as in “her beauty's face” for “her face's beauty.”.
- hypanthia — Plural form of hypanthium.
- hypaspist — a shield bearer, especially one of a special unit of light infantry in the Macedonian army.
10 letter words containing hyp
- hypabyssal — (of an igneous rock) intermediate in texture between coarse-grained intrusive rocks and fine-grained extrusive rocks.
- hypaethral — (of a classical building) wholly or partly open to the sky.
- hypaethron — a part of a building or court which is open to the sky
- hypalgesia — decreased sensitivity to pain (opposed to hyperalgesia).
- hypanthium — a cup-shaped or tubular body formed by the conjoined sepals, petals, and stamens.
11 letter words containing hyp
12 letter words containing hyp
- autohypnosis — the process or result of self-induced hypnosis
- autohypnotic — Of or pertaining to autohypnosis; self-hypnotizing.
- bathypelagic — of, relating to, or inhabiting the lower depths of the ocean between approximately 1000 and 4000 metres
- dehypnotized — Simple past tense and past participle of dehypnotize.
- enhypostasia — personalities existing in union (Jesus Christ and God the Son)
13 letter words containing hyp
- anti-hypnotic — of or relating to hypnosis or hypnotism.
- brachypterous — having very short or incompletely developed wings
- enhypostatize — to come together in one person or hypostasis
- hyper-realism — interest in or concern for the actual or real, as distinguished from the abstract, speculative, etc.
- hyperactivate — (biology) To cause or undergo hyperactivation.
14 letter words containing hyp
- brachypinakoid — the side parallel to the shorter horizontal axis in a crystal
- hyper-feminine — pertaining to a woman or girl: feminine beauty; feminine dress.
- hyper-rational — agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible: a rational plan for economic development.
- hyper-vigilant — keenly watchful to detect danger; wary: a vigilant sentry.
- hyperacuteness — the state of being extremely acute or aware
15 letter words containing hyp
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- antihypotensive — An antihypotensive is any drug that raises low blood pressure.
- hype-carbonated — (of a product or service) overvalued as a result of relentless marketing and PR or intensive media exposure
- hyper-emotional — pertaining to or involving emotion or the emotions.
- hyper-energetic — possessing or exhibiting energy, especially in abundance; vigorous: an energetic leader.
16 letter words containing hyp
- adenohypophyseal — Alternative form of adenohypophysial.
- adenohypophysial — Relating to the adenohypophysis.
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- hyper-conformity — action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
17 letter words containing hyp
- antihyperglycemic — (of a medication or treatment) Tending to reduce hyperglycemia (high blood sugar, characteristic of diabetes).
- antihypertensives — Plural form of antihypertensive.
- hyper-intelligent — having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.
- hyper-peristalsis — the progressive wave of contraction and relaxation of a tubular muscular system, especially the alimentary canal, by which the contents are forced through the system.
- hyperalimentation — overfeeding.
18 letter words containing hyp
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- hyper-intellectual — appealing to or engaging the intellect: intellectual pursuits.
- hyper-metaphorical — a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”. Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def 1).
- hyperaldosteronism — aldosteronism.
- hyperbilirubinemia — an abnormally high level of bilirubin in the blood, manifested by jaundice, anorexia, and malaise, occurring in association with liver disease and certain hemolytic anemias.
19 letter words containing hyp
- hyper-nationalistic — a person devoted to nationalism.
- hypercholesteraemia — (medicine) An abnormally high level of cholesterol in the blood.
- hyperparathyroidism — overactivity of the parathyroid gland, characterized by softening of the bones, with consequent pain, tenderness, and a tendency to spontaneous fractures, and by muscular weakness and abdominal cramps.
- hyperphosphorylated — Simple past tense and past participle of hyperphosphorylate.
- hyperresponsiveness — An abnormally increased responsiveness, especially that due to hypersensitivity or hyperreactivity.
20 letter words containing hyp
- hyperadrenocorticism — Cushing's syndrome.
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hypercholesterolemic — (pathology) Of, pertaining to, or having hypercholesterolemia.
- hyperhomocysteinemia — (medicine) The presence of an excessive amount of homocysteine in the blood.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
21 letter words containing hyp
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hyperlipoproteinaemia — the condition of having an abnormally high level of lipoproteins in the blood
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hypothetico-deductive — pertaining to or governed by the supposed method of scientific progress whereby a general hypothesis is tested by deducing predictions that may be experimentally tested. When such a prediction is falsified the theory is rejected and a new hypothesis is required
23 letter words containing hyp
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words containing hyp
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words with HYP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1065 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HYP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.