Words containing hy
2 letter words containing hy
- hy — a male given name, form of Hiram.
4 letter words containing hy
5 letter words containing hy
6 letter words containing hy
- apathy — You can use apathy to talk about someone's state of mind if you are criticizing them because they do not seem to be interested in or enthusiastic about anything.
- bathy- — indicating depth
- beachy — covered with gentle sandy slopes
- benchy — (of a hillside) hollowed out in benches
- binchy — Maeve (meɪˈɪv). 1940–2012, Irish novelist and journalist; her bestselling novels include Circle of Friends (1990) and Quentins (2002)
7 letter words containing hy
- anarchy — If you describe a situation as anarchy, you mean that nobody seems to be paying any attention to rules or laws.
- atrophy — If a muscle or other part of the body atrophies, it decreases in size or strength, often as a result of an illness.
- ayodhya — an ancient town in N India, in Uttar Pradesh state: as the birthplace of Rama it is sacred to Hindus; also a Buddhist centre
- bathyal — denoting or relating to an ocean depth of between 200 and 2000 metres (about 100 and 1000 fathoms), corresponding to the continental slope
- berhyme — to mention in poetry
8 letter words containing hy
- aldehyde — any organic compound containing the group -CHO. Aldehydes are oxidized to carboxylic acids and take part in many addition reactions
- algraphy — (formerly) an offset process employing an aluminum plate instead of a stone.
- amethyst — Amethysts are clear purple stones, sometimes used to make jewellery.
- apophyge — the outward curve at each end of the shaft of a column, adjoining the base or capital
- asphyxia — Asphyxia is death or loss of consciousness caused by being unable to breathe properly.
9 letter words containing hy
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- aerophyte — epiphyte.
- aeschylus — ?525–?456 bc, Greek dramatist, regarded as the father of Greek tragedy. Seven of his plays are extant, including Seven Against Thebes, The Persians, Prometheus Bound, and the trilogy of the Oresteia
10 letter words containing hy
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- aerenchyma — plant tissue with large air-filled spaces, which is typical of aquatic plants and allows air to reach waterlogged parts
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aeschylean — 525–456 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
11 letter words containing hy
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
- alexithymia — an inability to recognize, understand, and describe emotions
- allelopathy — the inhibitory effect of one living plant upon another by the release of toxic substances
- allophylian — (of languages, especially those of Europe and Asia) neither Indo-European nor Semitic.
- amniography — an x-ray examination of the amniotic sac after the injection of an opaque solution, performed to permit visualization of the umbilical cord and the placenta.
12 letter words containing hy
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anapophysial — of or relating to an anapophysis.
- anisaldehyde — a colorless, oily, aromatic liquid, the para form of C 8 H 8 O 2 , having a vanillalike odor: used chiefly in the manufacture of cosmetics and perfume, and as an intermediate in organic synthesis.
13 letter words containing hy
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
- aluminography — algraphy.
- aminophylline — a derivative of theophylline that relaxes smooth muscle and is used mainly to dilate the airways in the treatment of asthma and emphysema
14 letter words containing hy
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
- antiarrhythmic — a drug that corrects irregular heartbeat
- astrophysicist — An astrophysicist is someone who studies astrophysics.
- azidothymidine — an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS
- barium-hydrate — Also called calcined baryta, barium oxide, barium monoxide, barium protoxide. a white or yellowish-white poisonous solid, BaO, highly reactive with water: used chiefly as a dehydrating agent and in the manufacture of glass.
15 letter words containing hy
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- anti-patriarchy — a form of social organization in which the father is the supreme authority in the family, clan, or tribe and descent is reckoned in the male line, with the children belonging to the father's clan or tribe.
- autolithography — a lithographic technique by which the artist draws or traces with a brush and pen directly on a stone or plate.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
16 letter words containing hy
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
17 letter words containing hy
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
18 letter words containing hy
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- diethylstilbestrol — a nonsteroidal synthetic estrogen, C 18 H 20 O 2 , used in medicine chiefly in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and in animal feeds for chemical caponization: formerly used during pregnancy for the prevention of miscarriage but discontinued owing to its association with an increased risk of vaginal and cervical cancers in women having had fetal exposure. Abbreviation: DES.
19 letter words containing hy
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
- diethylaminoethanol — a colorless, hygroscopic, water-soluble liquid, C 6 H 15 NO, used for the synthesis of local anesthetics, in antirust compounds, and in photographic emulsions.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
20 letter words containing hy
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- dimethylanthranilate — a colorless or pale-yellow liquid, C 9 H 11 NO 2 , having a grape odor: used chiefly in perfumes, flavorings, and drugs.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing hy
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing hy
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
- hexahydroxycyclohexane — inositol.
23 letter words containing hy
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing hy
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
29 letter words containing hy
On this page, we collect all words with HY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4307 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.