Words containing haem
4 letter words containing haem
- haem — The component of haemoglobin responsible for binding oxygen, consists of an iron ion that binds oxygen and a porphyrin ring that binds the globin molecules; one molecule binds one molecule of oxygen.
6 letter words containing haem
7 letter words containing haem
8 letter words containing haem
9 letter words containing haem
- cachaemia — a poisoned condition of the blood
- cachaemic — of or relating to cachaemia
- haematein — a dark purple water-insoluble crystalline substance obtained from logwood and used as an indicator and biological stain. Formula: C16H12O6
- haematite — (chiefly UK) alternative spelling of hematite.
- haematoid — resembling blood
10 letter words containing haem
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- haemagogue — promoting the flow of blood
- haematinic — Alternative form of hematinic.
- haematomas — Plural form of haematoma.
11 letter words containing haem
12 letter words containing haem
13 letter words containing haem
14 letter words containing haem
15 letter words containing haem
- haemagglutinate — to cause the clumping of red blood cells in (a blood sample)
- haematachometer — (dated) An apparatus for measuring the velocity of the blood.
- haemoflagellate — a flagellate protozoan, such as a trypanosome, that is parasitic in the blood
- haemoglobinuria — the presence of haemoglobin in the urine
- haemoglobinuric — relating to the presence of haemoglobin in the urine
16 letter words containing haem
17 letter words containing haem
- haemagglutinating — That agglutinates red blood cells.
- haemagglutination — Alternative form of hemagglutination.
- haematocrystallin — Alternative form of hematocrystallin.
- haemoglobinometer — an instrument used to determine the haemoglobin content of blood
- haemoglobinopathy — (medicine) Any of a group of inherited disorders in which haemoglobin does not function properly.
18 letter words containing haem
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
On this page, we collect all words with HAEM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 117 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HAEM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.