Words containing gs
3 letter words containing gs
- cgs — Chief of General Staff
- gsa — General Services Administration
- gsl — Grenoble System Language. M. Berthaud, IBM, Grenoble. "GSL Language Reference Manual", M. Berthaud et al, March 1973. "A MOL-Based Software Construction System", M. Berthaud et al, in Machine Oriented Higher Level Languages, W. van der Poel, N-H 1974, pp.151-157.
- gsm — Grams per square meter, a measure of weight for paper.
- gsr — galvanic skin response
4 letter words containing gs
5 letter words containing gs
6 letter words containing gs
- angsty — displaying or feeling angst, esp in a self-conscious manner
- briggs — Henry. 1561–1631, English mathematician: introduced common logarithms
- brings — to carry, convey, conduct, or cause (someone or something) to come with, to, or toward the speaker: Bring the suitcase to my house. He brought his brother to my office.
- bugsha — buqsha.
- changs — Plural form of chang.
7 letter words containing gs
8 letter words containing gs
- amoungst — Archaic form of amongst.
- angstful — Full of angst; fearful; apprehensive.
- angstrom — a unit of length equal to 10–10 metre, used principally to express the wavelengths of electromagnetic radiations. It is equivalent to 0.1 nanometre
- arisings — Waste products or byproducts of an industrial process.
- augsburg — a city in S Germany, in Bavaria: founded by the Romans in 14 bc; site of the diet that produced the Peace of Augsburg (1555), which ended the struggles between Lutherans and Catholics in the Holy Roman Empire and established the principle that each ruler should determine the form of worship in his lands. Pop: 259 217 (2003 est)
9 letter words containing gs
10 letter words containing gs
11 letter words containing gs
- accountings — the theory and system of setting up, maintaining, and auditing the books of a firm; art of analyzing the financial position and operating results of a business house from a study of its sales, purchases, overhead, etc. (distinguished from bookkeeping).
- banquetings — Plural form of banqueting.
- basingstoke — a town in S England, in N Hampshire. Pop: 90 171 (2001)
- bergschrund — a crevasse at the head of a glacier
- bratticings — a series of temporary wooden housings erected on top of a wall, esp a castle wall
12 letter words containing gs
- angst-ridden — characterized by a feeling of dread or anxiety
- billingsgate — the largest fish market in London, on the N bank of the River Thames; moved to new site at Canary Wharf in 1982 and the former building converted into offices
- carryings-on — wild, extravagant, or immoral behavior
- chitterlings — the intestines of a pig or other animal prepared as a dish
- christenings — Plural form of christening.
13 letter words containing gs
- alongshoreman — a person employed to load and unload ships
- bildungsroman — a novel concerned with a person's formative years and development
- buccaneerings — the characteristic actions of a buccaneer
- ferrotungsten — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent tungsten.
- floutingstock — a laughing-stock; the object of mockery or flouting
14 letter words containing gs
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- bildungsromane — a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.
- cuprotungstite — (mineral) A tetragonal mineral containing copper, hydrogen, oxygen, and tungsten.
- daddy-longlegs — Also called harvestman. any of numerous spiderlike arachnids of the order Opiliones, having a compact rounded body and extremely long, slender legs.
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
15 letter words containing gs
- butter-and-eggs — any of various plants, such as toadflax, the flowers of which are of two shades of yellow
- foreshortenings — Plural form of foreshortening.
- fortysomethings — Plural form of fortysomething.
- groundbreakings — Plural form of groundbreaking.
- kingsford-smith — Sir Charles (Edward). 1897–1935, Australian aviator and pioneer (with Charles Ulm) of trans-Pacific and trans-Tasman flights
16 letter words containing gs
17 letter words containing gs
- misunderstandings — Plural form of misunderstanding.
18 letter words containing gs
- kingston-upon-hull — official name of Hull.
On this page, we collect all words with GS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1387 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.