Words containing gra
4 letter words containing gra
- agra — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh on the Jumna River: a capital of the Mogul empire until 1658; famous for its Mogul architecture, esp the Taj Mahal. Pop: 1 259 979 (2001)
- grab — to seize suddenly or quickly; snatch; clutch: He grabbed me by the collar.
- grad — one hundredth of a right angle.
- graf — Stephanie Maria ("Steffi") born 1969, German tennis player.
- gram — (in the Volsunga Saga) the sword of Sigmund, broken by Odin, repaired by Regin, and used again by Sigurd in killing Fafnir.
5 letter words containing gra
- agram — German name of Zagreb.
- gogra — a river in SW Tibet, Nepal, and N India, flowing S and SE to the Ganges River. 640 miles (1030 km) long.
- grabs — to seize suddenly or quickly; snatch; clutch: He grabbed me by the collar.
- grace — William Russell, 1832–1904, U.S. financier and shipping magnate, born in Ireland: mayor of New York City 1880–88.
- grade — a degree or step in a scale, as of rank, advancement, quality, value, or intensity: the best grade of paper.
6 letter words containing gra
- bagram — an air base in NE Afghanistan, near Kabul; now under the control of US forces
- digram — a sequence of two adjacent letters or symbols.
- fogram — an old-fashioned or overly conservative person; fogy.
- grabby — tending to grab or grasp for gain; greedy: a grabby ticket scalper.
- graben — a portion of the earth's crust, bounded on at least two sides by faults, that has dropped downward in relation to adjacent portions.
7 letter words containing gra
- aggrade — to build up the level of (any land surface) by the deposition of sediment
- agraffe — a fastening consisting of a loop and hook, formerly used in armour and clothing
- agrapha — sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels
- agravic — relating to zero gravity
- allegra — a female given name.
8 letter words containing gra
- aerogram — an airmail letter written on a single sheet of lightweight paper that folds and is sealed to form an envelope
- agraphia — loss of the ability to write, resulting from a brain lesion
- agraphic — having or relating to agraphia
- agrarian — Agrarian means relating to the ownership and use of land, especially farmland, or relating to the part of a society or economy that is concerned with agriculture.
- algraphy — (formerly) an offset process employing an aluminum plate instead of a stone.
9 letter words containing gra
- adigranth — Granth.
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aggravate — If someone or something aggravates a situation, they make it worse.
- allograft — a tissue graft from a donor genetically unrelated to the recipient
- allograph — a document written by a person who is not a party to it
10 letter words containing gra
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- aerogramme — a lightweight letter form with imprinted stamp and gummed flaps, used for airmail correspondence to other countries; air letter
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
- aggrandize — To aggrandize someone means to make them seem richer, more powerful, and more important than they really are. To aggrandize a building means to make it more impressive.
11 letter words containing gra
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- aggradation — to raise the grade or level of (a river valley, a stream bed, etc.) by depositing detritus, sediment, or the like.
- aggravating — causing or full of aggravation: I've had an aggravating day.
- aggravation — the act of aggravating, or making worse, or the condition of being aggravated
- agrammatism — a type of aphasia, usually caused by cerebral disease, characterized by an inability to construct a grammatical or intelligible sentence while retaining the ability to speak single words.
12 letter words containing gra
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
- anagrammatic — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
- anepigraphic — (of a coin, artifact, etc.) without a legend or inscription.
- angiographic — relating to or using angiography
13 letter words containing gra
14 letter words containing gra
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- anopisthograph — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
- autobiographer — a person who writes the story of his or her own life
15 letter words containing gra
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- autolithography — a lithographic technique by which the artist draws or traces with a brush and pen directly on a stone or plate.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
- barothermograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure and temperature.
- bathythermogram — a record made by a bathythermograph.
16 letter words containing gra
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anti-immigration — the act of immigrating.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
17 letter words containing gra
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
18 letter words containing gra
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- echoencephalograph — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
- grass-of-parnassus — any plant belonging to the genus Parnassia, of the saxifrage family, growing in marshy areas, having broad, smooth leaves and a single, pale flower.
19 letter words containing gra
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
- great-grandchildren — a grandchild of one's son or daughter.
20 letter words containing gra
21 letter words containing gra
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
22 letter words containing gra
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing gra
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
On this page, we collect all words with GRA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3970 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GRA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.