Words containing glyco
6 letter words containing glyco
7 letter words containing glyco
8 letter words containing glyco
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- diglycol — diethylene glycol.
- glycogen — a white, tasteless polysaccharide, (C 6 H 10 O 5) n , molecularly similar to starch, constituting the principal carbohydrate storage material in animals and occurring chiefly in the liver, in muscle, and in fungi and yeasts.
- glycolic — pertaining to or derived from glycol.
- glyconic — (of a line of verse) consisting of three trochees and one dactyl
9 letter words containing glyco
10 letter words containing glyco
- glycogenic — of or relating to glycogen.
- glycolipid — any of a class of lipids, comprising the cerebrosides and gangliosides, that upon hydrolysis yield galactose or a similar sugar, a fatty acid, and sphingosine or dihydrosphingosine.
- glycolysis — the catabolism of carbohydrates, as glucose and glycogen, by enzymes, with the release of energy and the production of lactic or pyruvic acid.
- glycolytic — of, relating to, or causing glycolysis.
- glycophyte — any plant that will only grow healthily in soils with a low content of sodium salts
11 letter words containing glyco
12 letter words containing glyco
- glycogenesis — the formation of glycogen from monosaccharides in the body, especially glucose.
- glycogenetic — of or relating to the formation of sugar in the liver.
- glycogenosis — any of several inherited disorders of glycogen metabolism that result in excess accumulation of glycogen in various organs of the body.
- glycopeptide — any of a group of complex proteins, as mucin, containing a carbohydrate combined with a simple protein.
- glycoprotein — any of a group of complex proteins, as mucin, containing a carbohydrate combined with a simple protein.
13 letter words containing glyco
- glycopeptides — Plural form of glycopeptide.
- glycoproteins — Plural form of glycoprotein.
- glycosylation — (chemistry, biochemistry) The reaction of a saccharide with a hydroxy or amino functional group to form a glycoside; especially the reaction with a protein or lipid to form a glycoprotein or glycolipid.
14 letter words containing glyco
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- glycogenolysis — (biochemistry) The production of glucose-1-phosphate by splitting a glucose monomer from glycogen using inorganic phosphate.
- glycogenolytic — Of, pertaining to, or capable of glycogenolysis, the catabolism of glycogen.
- glycosidically — In a glycosidic manner; by means of a glycoside.
15 letter words containing glyco
16 letter words containing glyco
- glycosylceramide — (organic chemistry) Any glycosyl derivative of a ceramide.
17 letter words containing glyco
18 letter words containing glyco
- glycosaminoglycans — Plural form of glycosaminoglycan.
On this page, we collect all words with GLYCO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 58 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GLYCO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.