Words containing glyc
6 letter words containing glyc
- glycin — a poisonous crystalline compound, C 8 H 9 NO 3 , used as a photographic developer.
- glyco- — indicating sugar
- glycol — Also called ethylene glycol, ethylene alcohol. a colorless, sweet liquid, C 2 H 6 O 2 , used chiefly as an automobile antifreeze and as a solvent.
- glycyl — of or relating to a glycinic residue present in a polypeptide or protein.
7 letter words containing glyc
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- glycine — a colorless, crystalline, sweet, water-soluble solid, H 2 NCH 2 COOH, the simplest amino acid: used chiefly in organic synthesis and biochemical research. Symbol: G. Abbreviation: Gly;
- glycone — (carbohydrate) The sugar residue of a glycoside.
- glycose — any of various monosaccharides
8 letter words containing glyc
9 letter words containing glyc
- glycaemia — the presence of glucose in the blood.
- glycaemic — Alternative spelling of glycemic.
- glycation — (biochemistry) non-enzymatic reaction of a sugar and an amine group of a protein to form a glycoprotein.
- glyceride — any of a group of esters obtained from glycerol by the replacement of one, two, or three hydroxyl groups with a fatty acid: the principal constituent of adipose tissue.
- glycerine — a colorless, odorless, syrupy, sweet liquid, C 3 H 8 O 3 , usually obtained by the saponification of natural fats and oils: used for sweetening and preserving food, in the manufacture of cosmetics, perfumes, inks, and certain glues and cements, as a solvent and automobile antifreeze, and in medicine in suppositories and skin emollients.
10 letter words containing glyc
- glycerides — Plural form of glyceride.
- glyceridic — Of or pertaining to glycerol or glycerides.
- glycogenic — of or relating to glycogen.
- glycolipid — any of a class of lipids, comprising the cerebrosides and gangliosides, that upon hydrolysis yield galactose or a similar sugar, a fatty acid, and sphingosine or dihydrosphingosine.
- glycolysis — the catabolism of carbohydrates, as glucose and glycogen, by enzymes, with the release of energy and the production of lactic or pyruvic acid.
11 letter words containing glyc
- diglyceride — an ester obtained from glycerol by the esterification of two hydroxyl groups with fatty acids.
- glycerinate — to impregnate with glycerin.
- glycogenous — of or relating to the formation of sugar in the liver.
- glycolipids — Plural form of glycolipid.
- glycosidase — (enzyme) Any enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of a glycoside.
12 letter words containing glyc
- acylglycerol — (organic chemistry) Any ester of glycerol; glyceride.
- glycerinated — to impregnate with glycerin.
- glycerolipid — (organic chemistry) Any lipid based on glycerol.
- glycerolysis — chemical decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and glycerol.
- glycogenesis — the formation of glycogen from monosaccharides in the body, especially glucose.
13 letter words containing glyc
- boroglyceride — any compound containing boric acid and glycerol, used chiefly as an antiseptic.
- glycopeptides — Plural form of glycopeptide.
- glycoproteins — Plural form of glycoprotein.
- glycosylation — (chemistry, biochemistry) The reaction of a saccharide with a hydroxy or amino functional group to form a glycoside; especially the reaction with a protein or lipid to form a glycoprotein or glycolipid.
- hyperglycemia — an abnormally high level of glucose in the blood.
14 letter words containing glyc
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- glyceraldehyde — a white, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 3 H 6 O 3 , that is an intermediate in carbohydrate metabolism and yields glycerol on reduction.
- glycogenolysis — (biochemistry) The production of glucose-1-phosphate by splitting a glucose monomer from glycogen using inorganic phosphate.
- glycogenolytic — Of, pertaining to, or capable of glycogenolysis, the catabolism of glycogen.
- glycosidically — In a glycosidic manner; by means of a glycoside.
15 letter words containing glyc
16 letter words containing glyc
- d-glyceraldehyde — an isomer of glyceraldehyde in which the OH group is on the right side of the asymmetric carbon atom.
- glycosylceramide — (organic chemistry) Any glycosyl derivative of a ceramide.
- l-glyceraldehyde — the levorotatory optical isomer of glyceraldehyde.
- trimethylglycine — betaine.
- trinitroglycerin — nitroglycerin.
17 letter words containing glyc
- antihyperglycemic — (of a medication or treatment) Tending to reduce hyperglycemia (high blood sugar, characteristic of diabetes).
- glycosaminoglycan — any of a class of polysaccharides derived from hexosamine that form mucins when complexed with proteins: formerly called mucopolysaccharide.
- glycosphingolipid — (biochemistry) a lipid that contains at least one monosaccharide unit and either a sphingoid or a ceramide.
18 letter words containing glyc
On this page, we collect all words with GLYC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 123 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GLYC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.