Words containing genes
5 letter words containing genes
- genes — a male given name, form of Eugene.
7 letter words containing genes
- genesee — a river flowing N from N Pennsylvania through W New York into Lake Ontario. 144 miles (230 km) long.
- geneses — an origin, creation, or beginning.
- genesia — An expert system developed by Electricite de France and commercialised by STERIA (Paris).
- genesic — pertaining to genesis or reproduction; genetic.
- genesis — an origin, creation, or beginning.
8 letter words containing genes
- -genesis — indicating genesis, development, or generation
- agenesia — absence of or failed development of a body part.
- agenesis — (of an animal or plant) imperfect development
- diogenes — 412?–323 b.c, Greek Cynic philosopher.
- hugeness — extraordinarily large in bulk, quantity, or extent: a huge ship; a huge portion of ice cream.
9 letter words containing genes
- cogenesis — The genesis of two entities at the same time.
- digenesis — alternation of generations.
- dungeness — a low shingle headland on the S coast of England, in Kent: two nuclear power stations: automatic lighthouse
- indigenes — Plural form of indigene.
- largeness — of more than average size, quantity, degree, etc.; exceeding that which is common to a kind or class; big; great: a large house; a large number; in large measure; to a large extent.
10 letter words containing genes
- anagenesis — the progressive evolutionary changes that take place over time in a single genetic lineage
- biogenesis — the principle that a living organism must originate from a parent organism similar to itself
- diagenesis — the sum of the physical, chemical, and biological changes that take place in sediments as they become consolidated into rocks, including compaction and cementation, but excluding weathering and metamorphic changes
- dysgenesis — Pathology. defective development of an organ, as of the gonads in Klinefelter's syndrome.
- epigenesis — The theory, now generally held, that an embryo develops progressively from an undifferentiated egg cell.
11 letter words containing genes
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- alcaligenes — any of several rod-shaped aerobic or facultatively anaerobic bacteria of the genus Alcaligenes, found in the intestinal tract of humans and other vertebrates and in dairy products.
- autogenesis — spontaneous generation
- averageness — a quantity, rating, or the like that represents or approximates an arithmetic mean: Her golf average is in the 90s. My average in science has gone from B to C this semester.
- cacogenesis — (medicine) A morbid, monstrous, or pathological growth or product; an abnormality in structure; a monstrosity.
12 letter words containing genes
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- amelogenesis — the production of enamel by ameloblasts
- androgenesis — a type of reproduction in insects and plants involving the development of an embryo that contains only paternal chromosomes
- angiogenesis — the induction of blood-vessel growth, often in association with a particular organ or tissue, or with a tumour
- caenogenesis — the development of structures and organs in an embryo or larva that are adaptations to its way of life and are not retained in the adult form
13 letter words containing genes
- antioncogenes — Plural form of antioncogene.
- atherogenesis — (medicine) The formation of atheromas, especially on the walls of the arteries.
- bibliogenesis — the art of producing and publishing books.
- blastogenesis — the theory that inherited characteristics are transmitted only by germ plasm
- dynamogenesis — the output of raised activity of the nervous system
14 letter words containing genes
- carcinogenesis — the development of cancerous cells from normal ones
- chondrogenesis — the growth of cartilage
- electrogenesis — (biochemistry, physics) The production of electricity in the tissues of a living organism.
- haematogenesis — (physiology) The origin and development of blood.
- spermiogenesis — the development of a spermatozoon from a spermatid.
15 letter words containing genes
16 letter words containing genes
- antiangiogenesis — (medicine) The prevention of angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- cataractogenesis — The formation of a cataract.
- etiopathogenesis — (medicine) The cause and subsequent development of an abnormal condition or of a disease.
- megasporogenesis — the formation and development of megaspores.
17 letter words containing genes
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
18 letter words containing genes
- photomorphogenesis — plant development that is controlled by light.
On this page, we collect all words with GENES. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GENES that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.