Words containing fy
2 letter words containing fy
- fy — (archaic) Expressing disapproval.
3 letter words containing fy
- -fy — to make or become
- fya — For your amusement.
- fye — Alternative form of fie.
- fyi — (FYI) A subseries of RFCs that are not technical standards or descriptions of protocols. FYIs convey general information about topics related to TCP/IP or the Internet. See also STD.
- fyn — an island in S Denmark. 1149 sq. mi. (2975 sq. km).
4 letter words containing fy
- -ify — -ify is used at the end of verbs that refer to making something or someone different in some way.
- affy — to have confidence, trust or faith in
- awfy — awfully, extremely
- defy — If you defy someone or something that is trying to make you behave in a particular way, you refuse to obey them and behave in that way.
- dufy — Raoul [ra-ool] /raˈul/ (Show IPA), 1877–1953, French painter, lithographer, and decorator.
5 letter words containing fy
6 letter words containing fy
7 letter words containing fy
8 letter words containing fy
- -defying — at odds or in contradiction with the thing specified
- alkalify — to make or become alkaline
- ammonify — to treat or impregnate with ammonia or a compound of ammonia
- beautify — If you beautify something, you make it look more beautiful.
- bogotify — (jargon) /boh-go't*-fi:/ To make or become bad. A program that has been changed so many times as to become completely disorganised has become bogotified. If you tighten a nut too hard and strip the threads on the bolt, the bolt has become bogotified. See also bogosity.
9 letter words containing fy
- aerifying — Present participle of aerify.
- chondrify — to become or convert into cartilage
- cockneyfy — to cause (one's speech, manners, etc) to fit the stereotyped idea of a cockney
- codifying — Present participle of codify.
- commodify — to treat (something) inappropriately as if it can be acquired or marketed like other commodities
10 letter words containing fy
11 letter words containing fy
- alkalifying — Present participle of alkalify.
- ammonifying — Present participle of ammonify.
- beautifying — Present participle of beautify.
- classifying — Denoting an adjective that describes the class that a head noun belongs to and characterized by not having a comparative or superlative (for example American, mortal ).
- daffynition — A form of pun involving the reinterpretation of an existing word, on the basis that it sounds like another word or phrase.
12 letter words containing fy
- bourgeoisify — to convert to a bourgeois attitude or appearance
- cost-justify — to justify the allotment or spending of a specific sum of money for (an investment, procurement, etc.).
- de-intensify — to make intense or more intense.
- decalcifying — Present participle of decalcify.
- demulsifying — to break down (an emulsion) into separate substances incapable of re-forming the emulsion that was broken down.
13 letter words containing fy
- declassifying — Present participle of declassify.
- disqualifying — Present participle of disqualify.
- dissatisfying — Present participle of dissatisfy.
- interstratify — to lie in interposed or alternate strata.
- over-identify — to recognize or establish as being a particular person or thing; verify the identity of: to identify handwriting; to identify the bearer of a check.
14 letter words containing fy
15 letter words containing fy
- self-glorifying — to cause to be or treat as being more splendid, excellent, etc., than would normally be considered.
- self-justifying — offering excuses for oneself, especially in excess of normal demands.
- self-rectifying — to make, put, or set right; remedy; correct: He sent them a check to rectify his account.
- self-satisfying — effecting satisfaction to oneself.
16 letter words containing fy
- interstratifying — Present participle of interstratify.
On this page, we collect all words with FY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 516 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.