Words containing fo
3 letter words containing fo
- cfo — chief financial officer
- fob — a small pocket just below the waistline in trousers for a watch, keys, change, etc. Compare watch pocket.
- foc — father of the chapel
- foe — a person who feels enmity, hatred, or malice toward another; enemy: a bitter foe.
- fog — a second growth of grass, as after mowing.
4 letter words containing fo
- bufo — any of a genus of toads of the family Bufonidae
- defo — definitely: an expression of agreement or consent
- fifo — first-in first-out
- foaf — [Usenet] Friend Of A Friend. The source of an unverified, possibly untrue story. This term was not originated by hackers (it is used in Jan Brunvand's books on urban folklore), but is much better recognised on Usenet and elsewhere than in mainstream English.
- foal — a young horse, mule, or related animal, especially one that is not yet one year of age.
5 letter words containing fo
6 letter words containing fo
- afford — If you cannot afford something, you do not have enough money to pay for it.
- afocal — denoting a method for transferring an image without bringing it into focus
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
- alfold — Also called Great Alföld. a vast plain in E Hungary, extending to the border of Ukraine and into Serbia and W Romania.
- befool — to make a fool of
7 letter words containing fo
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- affords — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afognak — an island off southern Alaska, in the Gulf of Alaska, N of Kodiak Island. 721 sq. mi. (1867 sq. km).
- airfoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- alfonso — 1886–1941, king of Spain 1886–1930.
8 letter words containing fo
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afforded — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- amfortas — (in medieval legend) the leader of the knights of the Holy Grail
9 letter words containing fo
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affording — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- aforehand — beforehand; in advance
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
10 letter words containing fo
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- affordable — If something is affordable, most people have enough money to buy it.
- affordably — in an affordable or reasonably priced manner
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
11 letter words containing fo
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- anti-reform — the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform; spelling reform.
- antifoaming — acting to prevent the formation of foam
- antifoggant — a chemical that prevents or minimizes fogging.
- antiforeign — opposed to or discriminating against foreigners or foreign countries
12 letter words containing fo
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- agroforestry — a method of farming integrating herbaceous and tree crops
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
- anguilliform — having the shape or form of an eel
13 letter words containing fo
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
- bellefontaine — a city in W Ohio.
14 letter words containing fo
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- amplexifoliate — having amplexicaul leaves.
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
15 letter words containing fo
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- caprifoliaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caprifoliaceae, a family of N temperate shrubs, small trees, and climbers including honeysuckle, elder, and guelder-rose
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- continuous-form — of or relating to paper, blank forms, checks, etc., supplied in a folded stack or roll to a device, as a computer printer, generally with perforations between sheets for later separation and often with detachable punched edges used to advance the sheets through the device.
16 letter words containing fo
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
- forbes-robertson — Sir Johnston, 1853–1937, English actor and theatrical manager.
17 letter words containing fo
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- dimethylsulfoxide — DMSO.
- foot-pound-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the foot, pound, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: fps, f.p.s.
18 letter words containing fo
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
19 letter words containing fo
On this page, we collect all words with FO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6222 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.