Words containing fla
4 letter words containing fla
- fla. — Florida
- flab — flabby flesh; unwanted fat: Daily exercise will get rid of the flab around your waist.
- flag — flagstone (def 1).
- flak — antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combat airplanes at which the fire is directed.
- flam — a drumbeat consisting of two notes in quick succession, with the accent on the second.
5 letter words containing fla
- aflat — (obsolete) Level with the ground; flat.
- flabs — flabby flesh; unwanted fat: Daily exercise will get rid of the flab around your waist.
- flack — antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combat airplanes at which the fire is directed.
- flaff — a flapping or fluttering
- flagg — James Montgomery, 1877–1960, U.S. painter and illustrator.
6 letter words containing fla
7 letter words containing fla
- catflap — flap at the bottom of a door that a cat can push to get in or out
- conflab — (informal) A discussion.
- deflate — If you deflate someone or something, you take away their confidence or make them seem less important.
- earflap — either of a pair of flaps attached to a cap, for covering the ears in cold weather.
- enflame — Alternative spelling of inflame.
8 letter words containing fla
- -flation — inflation
- afflated — resulting from influence of someone or something
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- conflate — If you conflate two or more descriptions or ideas, or if they conflate, you combine them in order to produce a single one.
- cornflag — a gladiolus, any iridaceous plant of the genus Gladiolus
9 letter words containing fla
- -flavored — -flavored is used after nouns such as strawberry and chocolate to indicate that a food or drink is flavored with strawberry or chocolate.
- afflation — the inspiration or influence of someone or something
- aflatoxin — a toxin produced by the fungus Aspergillus flavus growing on peanuts, maize, etc, causing liver disease (esp cancer) in man
- autoflare — a computer-operated, automatic landing system in an aircraft
- backflash — a flashback: Backflashes of the heroine's childhood fill in gaps in the novel's narrative.
10 letter words containing fla
- -flavoured — -flavoured is used after nouns such as strawberry and chocolate to indicate that a food or drink is flavoured with strawberry or chocolate.
- aflatoxins — Plural form of aflatoxin.
- camouflage — Camouflage consists of things such as leaves, branches, or brown and green paint, which are used to make it difficult for an enemy to see military forces and equipment.
- conflating — Present participle of conflate.
- conflation — a combining, as of two variant readings of a text into a composite reading
11 letter words containing fla
12 letter words containing fla
- biflagellate — having two flagella
- bioflavonoid — any of a group of biologically active flavone compounds that may help maintain the blood's capillary walls, reducing the likelihood of hemorrhaging: widely found in plants, esp. citrus fruits
- camouflaging — Present participle of camouflage.
- conflagrated — Simple past tense and past participle of conflagrate.
- conflagrator — (rare) One who starts a fire.
13 letter words containing fla
- cape-flattery — Cape, a cape in NW Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula, at the entrance to Juan de Fuca Strait.
- conflagration — A conflagration is a fire that burns over a large area and destroys property.
- conflagrative — That produces conflagration.
- flabbergasted — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
- flabbergaster — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
14 letter words containing fla
- camouflageable — able to be camouflaged
- conflagrations — Plural form of conflagration.
- deflagrability — the state or quality of being deflagrable
- dinoflagellate — any of numerous chiefly marine plankton of the phylum Pyrrophyta (or, in some classification schemes, the order Dinoflagellata), usually having two flagella, one in a groove around the body and the other extending from its center.
- flabbergasting — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
15 letter words containing fla
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- counterflashing — (construction) Formed metal or elastomeric sheeting secured on or into a wall, curb, pipe or other surface, to cover and protect the upper edge of a base flashing and its associated fasteners.
- dinoflagellates — Plural form of dinoflagellate.
- disinflationary — (economics) Exhibiting or causing reduced inflation.
- flame-retardant — Flame-retardant is the same as fire-retardant.
16 letter words containing fla
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- flabbergastation — (colloquial) Bewildered shock or surprise; the state or condition of being flabbergasted.
- flabbergastingly — Surprisingly, astonishingly or amazingly.
- non-inflammatory — tending to arouse anger, hostility, passion, etc.: inflammatory speeches.
17 letter words containing fla
18 letter words containing fla
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing fla
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
20 letter words containing fla
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
On this page, we collect all words with FLA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1089 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FLA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.