Words containing fish
4 letter words containing fish
- fish — (loosely) any of various other aquatic animals.
5 letter words containing fish
- fishy — like a fish in shape, smell, taste, or the like.
6 letter words containing fish
- elfish — Characteristic of an elf.
- fished — Simple past tense and past participle of fish.
- fisher — Andrew, 1862–1928, Australian statesman, born in Scotland: prime minister 1908–09, 1910–13, 1914–15.
- fishes — any of various cold-blooded, aquatic vertebrates, having gills, commonly fins, and typically an elongated body covered with scales.
- fishie — (childish) diminutive of fish; alternative spelling of fishy.
7 letter words containing fish
- barfish — A vern yellow bass, Morone mississippiensis.
- batfish — any angler of the family Ogcocephalidae, having a flattened scaleless body and moving on the sea floor by means of fleshy pectoral and pelvic fins
- boxfish — trunkfish.
- catfish — Catfish are a type of fish that have long thin spines around their mouths.
- codfish — a cod, esp Gadus morhua
8 letter words containing fish
- baitfish — any small fish used as bait for larger fish
- bandfish — a Mediterranean fish with an elongated body
- beakfish — Any of certain fishes of the family Oplegnathidae.
- billfish — any of various fishes having elongated jaws, esp any fish of the family Istiophoridae, such as the spearfish and marlin
- blowfish — puffer (sense 2)
9 letter words containing fish
- amberfish — amberjack.
- angelfish — any of various small tropical marine percoid fishes of the genus Pomacanthus and related genera, which have a deep flattened brightly coloured body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- beardfish — any of several fishes of the family Polymyxiidae, found in the deeper waters of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, having a pair of long barbels under the chin.
- blackfish — a minnow-like Alaskan freshwater fish, Dallia pectoralis, related to the pikes and thought to be able to survive prolonged freezing
- blindfish — any of various small fishes, esp the cavefish, that have rudimentary or functionless eyes and occur in subterranean streams
10 letter words containing fish
- anglerfish — a bony fish with a growth on its head which can be wiggled to attract prey
- archerfish — any freshwater percoid fish of the family Toxotidae of S and SE Asia and Australia, esp Toxotes jaculatrix, that catch insects by spitting water at them
- barrelfish — a blackish stromateid fish, Hyperoglyphe perciformis, inhabiting New England coastal waters.
- butterfish — an eel-like blennioid food fish, Pholis gunnellus, occurring in North Atlantic coastal regions: family Pholidae (gunnels). It has a slippery scaleless golden brown skin with a row of black spots along the base of the long dorsal fin
- candlefish — a salmonoid food fish, Thaleichthys pacificus, that occurs in the N Pacific and has oily flesh
11 letter words containing fish
- anemonefish — Any of the clownfish, principally in the Amphiprion genus.
- balloonfish — a porcupinefish, Diodon holacanthus, inhabiting tropical and subtropical waters.
- bonefishing — the activity of fishing for bonefish
- bottom-fish — to fish with a weighted line for fish that feed close to the bottom.
- buffalofish — any of several freshwater North American hump-backed cyprinoid fishes of the genus Ictiobus: family Catostomidae (suckers)
12 letter words containing fish
13 letter words containing fish
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- bottomfishing — to fish with a weighted line for fish that feed close to the bottom.
- bumblebeefish — any of several gobies of the genus Brachygobius, inhabiting waters of the Malay Archipelago and having brown and yellow bands on the body that resemble the markings of a bumblebee.
- butterflyfish — any small tropical marine percoid fish of the genera Chaetodon, Chelmon, etc, that has a deep flattened brightly coloured or strikingly marked body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- porcupinefish — any of several fishes of the family Diodontidae, especially Diodon hystrix, of tropical seas, capable of inflating the body with water or air until it resembles a globe, with erection of the long spines covering the skin.
14 letter words containing fish
- electrofishing — the practice of catching fish by stunning them with electric current or by attracting them through the use of electricity
- jackknife-fish — a black and white, American drum, Equetus lanceolatus, found in tropical areas of the Atlantic Ocean, having an elongated dorsal fin that is held erect.
- spearfisherman — a person who engages in spearfishing.
- sportfisherman — a motorboat fitted out for sportfishing.
17 letter words containing fish
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words with FISH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 622 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FISH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.