Words containing fil
4 letter words containing fil
- fila — a threadlike structure; filament.
- file — a powder made from the ground leaves of the sassafras tree, used as a thickener and to impart a pungent taste to soups, gumbos, and other dishes.
- filk — Lb music About or inspired by science fiction, fantasy, horror, science, and/or subjects of interest to fans of speculative fiction; frequently, being a song whose lyrics have been altered to refer to science fiction; parodying. (However, much filk music is original rather than parodic.).
- fill — to make full; put as much as can be held into: to fill a jar with water.
- film — a thin layer or coating: a film of grease on a plate.
5 letter words containing fil
- filar — of or relating to a thread or threads.
- filch — to steal (especially something of small value); pilfer: to filch ashtrays from fancy restaurants.
- filed — Simple past tense and past participle of file.
- filer — a long, narrow tool of steel or other metal having a series of ridges or points on its surfaces for reducing or smoothing surfaces of metal, wood, etc.
- files — Plural form of file.
6 letter words containing fil
7 letter words containing fil
8 letter words containing fil
- autofill — (computing) Any software feature that fills in (fields of a form, cells of a spreadsheet, etc.) automatically.
- backfile — the archives of a newspaper or magazine
- backfill — to refill an excavated trench, esp (in archaeology) at the end of an investigation
- bandfile — to file with a file band on a band mill or band saw.
- defilade — protection provided by obstacles against enemy crossfire from the rear, or observation
9 letter words containing fil
- affiliate — An affiliate is an organization which is officially connected with another, larger organization or is a member of it.
- alfilaria — a geraniaceous plant, Erodium cicutarium, native to Europe, with finely divided leaves and small pink or purplish flowers. It is widely naturalized in North America and is used as fodder
- alfileria — Alt form alfilaria.
- backfiles — Plural form of backfile.
- backfills — Plural form of backfill.
10 letter words containing fil
- affiliable — having the ability to be attributed to
- affiliated — If an organization is affiliated with another larger organization, it is officially connected with the larger organization or is a member of it.
- affiliates — Plural form of affiliate.
- backfilled — Simple past tense and past participle of backfill.
- bibliofilm — a microfilm used especially in libraries to photograph the pages of valuable or much-used books.
11 letter words containing fil
- affiliating — Present participle of affiliate.
- affiliation — If one group has an affiliation with another group, it has a close or official connection with it.
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
- alfilerilla — Alt form alfilaria.
- backfilling — material used for refilling an excavation.
12 letter words containing fil
- affiliations — Plural form of affiliation.
- disaffiliate — to sever affiliation with; disassociate: He disaffiliated himself from the political group he had once led.
- exfiltration — (military) The process of exiting an area (usually behind enemy lines or in enemy territory).
- file-sharing — File-sharing is a method of distributing computer files, for example files containing music, among a large number of users.
- filibustered — Simple past tense and past participle of filibuster.
13 letter words containing fil
- blood-profile — a diagnostic test that determines the exact numbers of each type of blood cell in a fixed quantity of blood. Abbreviation: CBC.
- disaffiliated — Simple past tense and past participle of disaffiliate.
- filamentation — The growth of filaments.
- filibustering — Present participle of filibuster.
- filibusterism — (dated) Piracy, freebooting; the waging of unauthorised war.
14 letter words containing fil
- antifilibuster — a person or method in opposition to filibustering
- disaffiliation — The termination of an affiliation; the act of ceasing to be associated with something.
- filiopietistic — of or relating to reverence of forebears or tradition, especially if carried to excess.
- microfilaments — Plural form of microfilament.
- nanofiltration — Pressure-driven filtration through a membrane that removes particles of about two nanometres or larger.
15 letter words containing fil
- microfiltration — Filtration through a microporous membrane.
- self-fulfilling — characterized by or bringing about self-fulfillment.
- self-fulfilment — the act or fact of fulfilling one's ambitions, desires, etc., through one's own efforts.
- ultrafiltration — Physical Chemistry. a filter for purifying sols, having a membrane with pores sufficiently small to prevent the passage of the suspended particles.
- underfulfilling — falling short of satisfactory
16 letter words containing fil
17 letter words containing fil
- electrofiltration — Electrofiltration is a separation process in which an electric field is applied across a filter to improve separation.
On this page, we collect all words with FIL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 699 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.