Words containing ferro
6 letter words containing ferro
7 letter words containing ferro
- ferrous — of or containing iron, especially in the bivalent state.
9 letter words containing ferro
- cupferron — a salt ammonium compound (N-nitrosophenylhydroxylamine) used as a reagent in metal ion complexation
- ferrocene — Also called dicyclopentadienyliron. an orange, crystalline, water-insoluble coordination compound, (C 5 H 5) 2 Fe, having a camphorlike odor: used chiefly as an antiknock agent for gasoline and as a catalyst. Compare metallocene.
- ferrogram — a slide prepared to illustrate the suspended iron particles in the lubricant of a machine
- ferrotype — to put a glossy surface on (a print) by pressing, while wet, on a metal sheet (ferrotype tin)
10 letter words containing ferro
- ferroalloy — an alloy of iron with some element other than carbon, used to introduce the element in the manufacture of steel.
- ferrofluid — A fluid containing a magnetic suspension.
- ferrograms — plural of Ferrogram
- ferroniere — jewel, on a chain, worn on the forehead
- ferrotypes — Plural form of ferrotype.
11 letter words containing ferro
- ferroalloys — Plural form of ferroalloy.
- ferrocement — (of a boat hull) constructed of mortar troweled over a wire mesh that has been preshaped over a mold.
- ferrocerium — an alloy of 65 percent misch metal and 35 percent iron, used in flints for cigarette lighters.
- ferrocyanic — (inorganic chemistry) Of, pertaining to, or derived from a ferrocyanide.
- ferrography — the analysis of iron in lubricants in order to assess the extent of wear in a machine
12 letter words containing ferro
- ferrocyanide — a salt of ferrocyanic acid, as potassium ferrocyanide, K 4 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrofluidic — Of or pertaining to a ferrofluid.
- ferrokinesis — (parapsychology) The ability to mentally manipulate iron and other metals.
- ferroniobium — An important alloy of iron and niobium.
- ferrosilicon — a ferroalloy containing up to 95 percent silicon.
13 letter words containing ferro
- ferroaluminum — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent aluminum.
- ferrochromium — a ferroalloy containing up to 70 percent chromium.
- ferroconcrete — reinforced concrete.
- ferrocyanogen — a ferrocyanide radical
- ferroelectric — pertaining to a substance that possesses spontaneous electric polarization such that the polarization can be reversed by an electric field.
14 letter words containing ferro
- ferroelectrics — Plural form of ferroelectric.
- ferromagnesian — (of minerals and rocks) containing iron and magnesium.
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
- ferromanganese — a ferroalloy containing up to 90 percent manganese.
- ferrozirconium — a ferroalloy containing up to 40 percent zirconium.
15 letter words containing ferro
16 letter words containing ferro
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
17 letter words containing ferro
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
18 letter words containing ferro
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
21 letter words containing ferro
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
On this page, we collect all words with FERRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 56 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FERRO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.