Words containing feathe
7 letter words containing feathe
- feather — one of the horny structures forming the principal covering of birds, consisting typically of a hard, tubular portion attached to the body and tapering into a thinner, stemlike portion bearing a series of slender, barbed processes that interlock to form a flat structure on each side.
8 letter words containing feathe
9 letter words containing feathe
10 letter words containing feathe
- featherbed — A bed that has a mattress stuffed with feathers.
- feathercut — a woman's hair style in which the hair is cut in short and uneven lengths and formed into small curls with featherlike tips.
- feathering — one of the horny structures forming the principal covering of birds, consisting typically of a hard, tubular portion attached to the body and tapering into a thinner, stemlike portion bearing a series of slender, barbed processes that interlock to form a flat structure on each side.
- gayfeather — Many of the plant of the genus Liatris, native to North America, including Mexico, east of the continental divide.
- pinfeather — an undeveloped feather before the web portions have expanded.
11 letter words containing feathe
- feather-bed — a mattress or a bed cover, as a quilt, stuffed with soft feathers.
- feather-cut — a woman's hair style in which the hair is cut in short and uneven lengths and formed into small curls with featherlike tips.
- featherback — any freshwater fish of the family Notopteridae, of Asia and western Africa, having a small, feathery dorsal fin and a very long anal fin extending from close behind the head to the tip of the tail.
- featherbeds — Plural form of featherbed.
- featherbone — a substitute for whalebone, made from the quills of domestic fowls.
12 letter words containing feathe
13 letter words containing feathe
- featherbedded — Simple past tense and past participle of featherbed.
- featherbrains — Plural form of featherbrain.
- featherheaded — featherbrain.
- featherstitch — an embroidery stitch producing work in which a succession of branches extend alternately on each side of a central stem.
- featherweight — a boxer or other contestant intermediate in weight between a bantamweight and a lightweight, especially a professional boxer weighing up to 126 pounds (57 kg).
14 letter words containing feathe
- feather-legged — cowardly.
- feather-veined — (of a leaf) having a series of veins branching from each side of the midrib toward the margin; pinnately veined.
- featherbedding — the practice of requiring an employer to hire unnecessary employees, to assign unnecessary work, or to limit production according to a union rule or safety statute: Featherbedding forced the railroads to employ firemen on diesel locomotives.
- featherbrained — Alternative spelling of feather-brained.
- featherweights — Plural form of featherweight.
15 letter words containing feathe
- featherstitched — Simple past tense and past participle of featherstitch.
16 letter words containing feathe
- parrot's-feather — a South American water milfoil, Myriophyllum aquaticum, having hairlike pinnate leaves, widely cultivated as an aquarium plant.
- prince's-feather — a tall, showy plant, Amaranthus hybridus erythrostachys, of the amaranth family, having reddish foliage and thick spikes of small, red flowers.
On this page, we collect all words with FEATHE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 87 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FEATHE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.