Words containing fam
3 letter words containing fam
- fam — a close friend or group of friends thought of as family: All these guys are my fam.
4 letter words containing fam
5 letter words containing fam
- famed — very well known and, often, highly regarded; famous.
- fames — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- famil — (travel) A free or low cost trip for travel agents or consultants, provided by a travel wholesaler or airline as a means of promoting their service.
- oxfam — Oxford Committee for Famine Relief
6 letter words containing fam
- corfam — a synthetic water-repellent material used as a substitute for shoe leather
- defame — If someone defames another person or thing, they say bad and untrue things about them.
- famble — (obsolete, slang) A hand.
- family — the children of one person or one couple collectively: We want a large family.
- famine — extreme and general scarcity of food, as in a country or a large geographical area.
7 letter words containing fam
8 letter words containing fam
- defamers — Plural form of defamer.
- defaming — to attack the good name or reputation of, as by uttering or publishing maliciously or falsely anything injurious; slander or libel; calumniate: The newspaper editorial defamed the politician.
- famacide — a person who destroys another's reputation; a defamer or slanderer.
- fameless — widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
- familial — of, relating to, or characteristic of a family: familial ties.
9 letter words containing fam
- famagusta — a seaport on the E coast of Cyprus, on an inlet of the Mediterranean: castle; large cathedral (now a mosque).
- familiars — Plural form of familiar.
- familiary — (obsolete) Of or pertaining to a family or household; domestic.
- famishing — Present participle of famish.
- famousest — Superlative form of famous.
10 letter words containing fam
- antifamily — opposed to the family unit
- defamation — Defamation is the damaging of someone's good reputation by saying something bad and untrue about them.
- defamatory — Speech or writing that is defamatory is likely to damage someone's good reputation by saying something bad and untrue about them.
- familiarly — commonly or generally known or seen: a familiar sight.
- familicide — The murder of an entire family by a family member.
11 letter words containing fam
- anti-family — a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.
- defamations — Plural form of defamation.
- familiarise — to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
- familiarity — thorough knowledge or mastery of a thing, subject, etc.
- familiarize — to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
12 letter words containing fam
- affamishment — (obsolete) starvation.
- familiarised — Simple past tense and past participle of familiarise.
- familiarized — to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
- familiarizes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of familiarize.
- familiarness — commonly or generally known or seen: a familiar sight.
13 letter words containing fam
- defamiliarise — Alternative spelling of defamiliarize.
- defamiliarize — to make (something well-known or well-established) seem unfamiliar, strange, disconcerting, etc., as in order to reinterpret or subvert it
- extrafamilial — Outside a family.
- familiarising — Present participle of familiarise.
- familiarities — Plural form of familiarity.
14 letter words containing fam
15 letter words containing fam
- familiarisation — Alternative spelling of familiarization.
- familiarization — to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
- feast-or-famine — characterized by alternating, extremely high and low degrees of prosperity, success, volume of business, etc.: artists who lead a feast-or-famine life.
- heredo-familial — denoting a condition or disease that may be passed from generation to generation and to several members of one family
- overfamiliarity — The state of being overfamiliar.
16 letter words containing fam
- over-familiarity — thorough knowledge or mastery of a thing, subject, etc.
- sulfamethoxazole — an antimicrobial substance, C 1 0 H 1 1 N 3 O 3 S, used against a variety of susceptible Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms, as in the treatment of certain urinary tract infections and skin infections.
17 letter words containing fam
- defamiliarisation — (arts) The representation of objects anew, in a way that we do not recognize, or that changes our reading of them.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
On this page, we collect all words with FAM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 307 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FAM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.