Words containing es
3 letter words containing es
4 letter words containing es
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aesc — an Old English runic letter, comprising the letters 'A' and 'E'
- ages — the length of time during which a being or thing has existed; length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- ames — a city in central Iowa.
- anes — once.
5 letter words containing es
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abies — a fir tree
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
- aesir — the chief gods of Norse mythology dwelling in Asgard
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
6 letter words containing es
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- access — If you have access to a building or other place, you are able or allowed to go into it.
7 letter words containing es
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abscess — An abscess is a painful swelling containing pus.
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- acquest — an acquisition
8 letter words containing es
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
9 letter words containing es
- abilities — power or capacity to do or act physically, mentally, legally, morally, financially, etc.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
10 letter words containing es
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- accessible — If a place or building is accessible to people, it is easy for them to reach it or get into it. If an object is accessible, it is easy to reach.
- accessibly — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
11 letter words containing es
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
12 letter words containing es
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
13 letter words containing es
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing es
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
15 letter words containing es
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
16 letter words containing es
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing es
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
18 letter words containing es
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
19 letter words containing es
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
20 letter words containing es
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
22 letter words containing es
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing es
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing es
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing es
28 letter words containing es
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ES. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28928 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ES that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.