Words containing er
4 letter words containing er
5 letter words containing er
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- abner — a masculine name
- acerb — bitter or sour
- acker — a pimple
- adder — In Europe and Asia, an adder is a small poisonous snake that has a black pattern on its back. In North America, a number of different poisonous and non-poisonous snakes are called adders.
6 letter words containing er
7 letter words containing er
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abetter — a person who abets.
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abutter — the owner of adjoining property
- accuser — An accuser is a person who says that another person has done something wrong, especially that he or she has committed a crime.
8 letter words containing er
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- aberrant — Aberrant means unusual and not socially acceptable.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
9 letter words containing er
10 letter words containing er
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
11 letter words containing er
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
12 letter words containing er
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
13 letter words containing er
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
14 letter words containing er
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
15 letter words containing er
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
16 letter words containing er
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
17 letter words containing er
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
18 letter words containing er
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- aristotles-lantern — a complex arrangement of muscles and calcareous teeth and plates forming an eversible organ in most echinoids, functioning in mastication.
19 letter words containing er
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
20 letter words containing er
29 letter words containing er
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with ER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 52813 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.