Words containing em
3 letter words containing em
4 letter words containing em
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
- bema — the speaker's platform in the assembly in ancient Athens
- clem — to be hungry or cause to be hungry
- deem — If something is deemed to have a particular quality or to do a particular thing, it is considered to have that quality or do that thing.
- dem. — Democrat(ic)
5 letter words containing em
- adeem — to cancel or withdraw (a legal agreement)
- begem — to decorate with gems
- belem — a port in N Brazil, the capital of Pará state, on the Pará River: major trading centre for the Amazon basin. Pop: 2 097 000 (2005 est)
- bemba — a member of a Negroid people of Africa, living chiefly in Zambia on a high infertile plateau
- bembo — Pietro (ˈpjɛːtro). 1470–1547, Italian scholar, poet, and cardinal (1539). His treatise Prose della volgar lingua (1525) helped to establish a standard form of literary Italian
6 letter words containing em
- aleman — Mateo (maˈteo). 1547–?1614, Spanish novelist, author of the picaresque novel Guzmán de Alfarache (1599)
- anadem — a garland for the head
- anemia — a condition in which there is a reduction of the number, or volume, of red blood corpuscles or of the total amount of hemoglobin in the bloodstream, resulting in paleness, generalized weakness, etc.
- anemic — Pathology. suffering from anemia.
- anemo- — indicating wind
7 letter words containing em
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acnemia — a condition characterized by atrophy of the muscles of the calf of the leg.
- adeemed — to revoke (a legacy) by ademption.
- agemate — a person roughly the same age as another person
8 letter words containing em
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
9 letter words containing em
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words containing em
11 letter words containing em
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
12 letter words containing em
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
13 letter words containing em
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- admeasurement — the act of admeasuring
- advertisement — An advertisement is an announcement in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster about something such as a product, event, or job.
- advertizement — a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers or magazines, on radio or television, etc.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
14 letter words containing em
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
15 letter words containing em
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- antiremonstrant — the party that opposed the Remonstrants
- biogeochemistry — the science of biological, chemical, and geological aspects of the environment
16 letter words containing em
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
- chemoheterotroph — an organism that obtains its energy from the oxidation of organic compounds
- chemonucleolysis — treatment for a herniated spinal disk in which chymopapain is injected into the disk to dissolve tissue.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
17 letter words containing em
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
18 letter words containing em
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
19 letter words containing em
20 letter words containing em
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
22 letter words containing em
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
24 letter words containing em
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
32 letter words containing em
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with EM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8922 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains EM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.