Words containing ei
3 letter words containing ei
- dei — by the grace of God.
- fei — Fédération Équestre Internationale: the international governing body of equestrian sports
- lei — (in the Hawaiian Islands) a wreath of flowers, leaves, etc., for the neck or head.
- pei — I(eoh) M(ing) [yoh ming] /yoʊ mɪŋ/ (Show IPA), born 1917, U.S. architect, born in China.
4 letter words containing ei
- brei — to speak with a uvular r, esp in Afrikaans
- ceil — to line (a ceiling) with plaster, boarding, etc
- deil — the devil
- frei — Eduardo [e-dwahr-th aw] /ɛˈdwɑr ðɔ/ (Show IPA), 1911–82, Chilean statesman: president 1964–70.
- heir — a person who inherits or has a right of inheritance in the property of another following the latter's death.
5 letter words containing ei
- aurei — a gold coin and monetary unit of ancient Rome, from Caesar to Constantine I.
- beige — Something that is beige is pale brown in colour.
- being — Being is the present participle of be1.
- beira — a port in E Mozambique: terminus of a transcontinental railway from Lobito, Angola, through the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. Pop: 566 000 (2005 est)
- ceiba — any bombacaceous tropical tree of the genus Ceiba, such as the silk-cotton tree
6 letter words containing ei
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- aculei — Also, acus. the modified ovipositor or sting of certain hymenopterous insects.
- adygei — a member of a Circassian people of the Northwest Caucasus
- aeneid — an epic poem in Latin by Virgil relating the experiences of Aeneas after the fall of Troy, written chiefly to provide an illustrious historical background for Rome
- ageing — Someone or something that is ageing is becoming older and less healthy or efficient.
7 letter words containing ei
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- acmeism — a school of early 20th-century Russian poetry whose practitioners were strongly opposed to the vagueness of symbolism and strove for absolute clarity of expression through precise, concrete imagery.
- aineias — Greek form of Aeneas.
- alamein — a town on the N coast of Egypt, about 70 miles (113 km) W of Alexandria: decisive British victory October 1942.
- alfheim — the domain of elves.
8 letter words containing ei
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- agreeing — to have the same views, emotions, etc.; harmonize in opinion or feeling (often followed by with): I don't agree with you.
- al-obeid — El Obeid
- aleichem — Sholom, real name Solomon Rabinowitz. 1859–1916, US Jewish writer, born in Russia. His works include Tevye the Milkman, which was adapted for the stage musical Fiddler on the Roof
- ameiosis — the absence of pairing of chromosomes during meiosis
9 letter words containing ei
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
- apartheid — Apartheid was a political system in South Africa in which people were divided into racial groups and kept apart by law.
- atheistic — Atheistic means connected with or holding the belief that there is no God.
- ausgleich — the agreement (1867) that established the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary
10 letter words containing ei
- airfreight — a method or service for transporting cargo by air
- aleixandre — Vicente (viˈθɛnte). 1898–1984, Spanish poet, whose collections include La destrucción o el amor (1935; Destruction or Love): Nobel prize for literature 1977
- allenstein — German name of Olsztyn.
- allogeneic — being genetically different, while belonging to the same species
- antitheism — the opposition to belief in god or gods
11 letter words containing ei
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- allocheiria — a medical condition in which sensation is felt at a different point on the body from that stimulated
- alzheimer's — a common form of dementia, believed to be caused by changes in the brain, usually beginning in late middle age, characterized by memory lapses, confusion, emotional instability, and progressive loss of mental ability.
- aniseikonia — a condition caused by a defect in the lens of the eye in which the images produced in the two eyes differ in size or shape
- anti-ageing — of or relating to any product or procedure claiming to reverse or slow down the effects of ageing
12 letter words containing ei
- amenorrhoeic — absence of the menses.
- anti-foreign — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
- apeirophobia — The fear of infinity and/or of infinite things.
- bantamweight — A bantamweight is a boxer who weighs between 51 and 53.5 kilograms, or a wrestler who weighs between 52 and 57 kilograms. A bantamweight is heavier than a flyweight but lighter than a featherweight.
- bloemfontein — a city in central South Africa: capital of Free State province and judicial capital of the country. Pop: 111 698 (2001)
13 letter words containing ei
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- antiapartheid — (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid former policy of segregating and economically and politically oppressing the nonwhite population.
- atheistically — pertaining to or characteristic of atheists or atheism; containing, suggesting, or disseminating atheism: atheistic literature; atheistic people.
- berkeleianism — the philosophical system of George Berkeley, holding that objects exist only when perceived, that God's perception sustains the universe, and that there is no independent substratum or substance in which these perceptions inhere
- capellmeister — a person in charge of an orchestra, esp in an 18th-century princely household
14 letter words containing ei
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- antiforeignism — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
- apolipoprotein — any of a group of glycoproteins that form part of the structure of lipoproteins, some of which have been associated with Alzheimer's disease
15 letter words containing ei
- contemporaneity — living or occurring during the same period of time; contemporary.
- deindividuation — the loss of a person's sense of individuality and personal responsibility
- deindustrialize — to reduce the importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of (a nation or area)
- fideicommissary — the recipient of a fideicommissum.
- frankensteinian — a person who creates a monster or a destructive agency that cannot be controlled or that brings about the creator's ruin.
16 letter words containing ei
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- non-monotheistic — pertaining to, characterized by, or adhering to monotheism, the doctrine that there is only one God: a monotheistic religion.
- nusslein-volhard — Christiane [kris-tee-ah-nuh,, kris-tyah-] /ˌkrɪs tiˈɑ nə,, krɪsˈtyɑ-/ (Show IPA), born 1942, German biologist: Nobel prize 1995.
- onomatopoeically — the formation of a word, as cuckoo, meow, honk, or boom, by imitation of a sound made by or associated with its referent.
- post-pleistocene — noting or pertaining to the epoch forming the earlier half of the Quaternary Period, beginning about two million years ago and ending 10,000 years ago, characterized by widespread glacial ice and the advent of modern humans.
17 letter words containing ei
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- kaleidoscopically — of, relating to, or created by a kaleidoscope.
- neuilly-sur-seine — a suburb of Paris, in N France: treaty of peace (1919) between the Allies and Bulgaria. 66,095.
- non-reimbursement — to make repayment to for expense or loss incurred: The insurance company reimbursed him for his losses in the fire.
- non-reinforcement — the act of reinforcing.
18 letter words containing ei
19 letter words containing ei
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- deindustrialization — the decline in importance of manufacturing industry in the economy of a nation or area
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- reindustrialization — the revitalization of an industry or industrial society through government aid and tax incentives, modernization of factories and machinery, etc.
20 letter words containing ei
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
22 letter words containing ei
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing ei
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words containing ei
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words with EI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3048 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains EI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.