Words containing dow
4 letter words containing dow
5 letter words containing dow
6 letter words containing dow
7 letter words containing dow
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- cutdown — a decrease or reduction in the number, size, or incidence of anything
- dowable — subject to the provision of a dower: dowable land.
- dowager — a woman who holds some title or property from her deceased husband, especially the widow of a king, duke, etc. (often used as an additional title to differentiate her from the wife of the present king, duke, etc.): a queen dowager; an empress dowager.
- dowdier — Comparative form of dowdy.
8 letter words containing dow
- backdown — an act of retreating from a previously asserted position
- beatdown — A physical beating or assault.
- beshadow — to darken with shadow
- blowdown — an accident in a nuclear reactor in which a cooling pipe bursts causing the loss of essential coolant
- buy-down — a subsidy for a long-term mortgage offered by a third party, as a builder or developer, to lower interest rates for a buyer in the early years of the loan.
9 letter words containing dow
- backdowns — Plural form of backdown.
- beat-down — to strike violently or forcefully and repeatedly.
- breakdown — The breakdown of something such as a relationship, plan, or discussion is its failure or ending.
- bringdown — a disappointment
- builddown — a planned numerical reduction, esp of nuclear weapons where, for every new weapon built, two or more older weapons are destroyed
10 letter words containing dow
- bouncedown — an occasion of restarting play by the umpire bouncing the ball
- build-down — a gradual decrease in nuclear weapons, armed forces, etc., esp. by an agreement in which a smaller number of newer weapons would replace older ones
- buttondown — (of a shirt collar) having buttonholes so it can be buttoned to the body of the shirt.
- clamp-down — a device, usually of some rigid material, for strengthening or supporting objects or fastening them together.
- clampdowns — Plural form of clampdown.
11 letter words containing dow
- broken-down — A broken-down vehicle or machine no longer works because it has something wrong with it.
- button-down — A button-down shirt or a shirt with a button-down collar has a button under each end of the collar which you can fasten.
- down-ballot — relating to or noting a candidate or political contest that is relatively low-profile and local compared to one listed in a higher place on the ballot: Very popular presidential nominees often cause down-ballot candidates to win.
- down-easter — a full-rigged ship built in New England in the late 19th century, usually of wood and relatively fast.
- down-market — appealing or catering to lower-income consumers; widely affordable or accessible.
12 letter words containing dow
- disendowment — The act of depriving of an endowment or endowments.
- down-and-out — without any money, or means of support, or prospects; destitute; penniless.
- down-at-heel — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- down-hearted — dejected; depressed; discouraged.
- downcastness — The quality of being downcast.
13 letter words containing dow
- buttoned-down — conventional or conservative
- down-the-line — complete, full, unreserved, or whole-hearted: a down-the-line endorsement.
- down-to-earth — practical and realistic: a down-to-earth person.
- downconverter — A device that converts a signal to a lower frequency, especially in television reception.
- downheartedly — In a downhearted manner.
14 letter words containing dow
- daffadowndilly — a daffodil
- down-and-dirty — unscrupulous; nasty: a down-and-dirty election campaign.
- down-and-outer — without any money, or means of support, or prospects; destitute; penniless.
- downregulating — Present participle of downregulate.
- downregulation — (genetics) The process, in the regulation of gene expression, in which the number, or activity of receptors decreases in order to decrease sensitivity.
15 letter words containing dow
17 letter words containing dow
18 letter words containing dow
- chuck-will's-widow — a large North American nightjar, Caprimulgus carolinensis, similar to the whippoorwill
19 letter words containing dow
- knock-down-drag-out — marked by unrelenting violence: a knock-down-drag-out fight.
On this page, we collect all words with DOW. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1083 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains DOW that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.