Words containing dis
4 letter words containing dis
- dis- — Dis- is added to some words that describe processes, qualities, or states, in order to form words describing the opposite processes, qualities, or states. For example, if you do not agree with someone, you disagree with them; if one thing is not similar to something else, it is dissimilar to it.
- disc — any thin, flat, circular plate or object.
- dish — Slang. to gossip about: They talked all night, dishing their former friends.
- disk — a phonograph record.
- diss — (US, British, slang) To put (someone) down, or show disrespect by the use of insulting language or dismissive behaviour.
5 letter words containing dis
- disci — a circular disk more than 7 inches (18 cm) in diameter and 2.2 pounds (1 kg) in weight, usually wooden with a metal rim and thicker in the center than at the edge, for throwing for distance in athletic competition.
- disco — discotheque.
- dishy — Chiefly British. very attractive; pretty or beautiful: a couple of dishy fashion models.
- disir — lady; woman.
- disko — an island in Davis Strait, off the W coast of Greenland: extensive coal deposits
6 letter words containing dis
- aldiss — Brian W(ilson). born 1925, British novelist, best known for his science fiction. His works include Non-Stop (1958), Enemies of the System (1978), The Helliconia Trilogy (1983–86), Forgotten Life (1988), and The Detached Retina (1995)
- amadis — a knight-errant, model of the chivalric hero.
- caddis — a type of coarse woollen yarn, braid, or fabric
- cordis — (in prescriptions) of the heart.
- disarm — to deprive of a weapon or weapons.
7 letter words containing dis
- addison — Joseph. 1672–1719, English essayist and poet who, with Richard Steele, founded The Spectator (1711–14) and contributed most of its essays, including the de Coverley Papers
- anodise — to coat (a metal, especially magnesium or aluminum) with a protective film by chemical or electrolytic means.
- baddish — rather bad; not very good.
- bundist — a member of a bund
- caddish — like or characteristic of a cad; ungentlemanly
8 letter words containing dis
- amadises — a knight-errant, model of the chivalric hero.
- aridisol — a soil type common to the world's deserts, poor in organic matter and rich in salts.
- blandish — to seek to persuade or influence by mild flattery; coax
- blondish — (of hair, skin, etc.) light-colored: the child's soft blond curls.
- brandish — If you brandish something, especially a weapon, you hold it in a threatening way.
9 letter words containing dis
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- balladist — someone who composes or performs ballads
- caddisfly — any small mothlike insect of the order Trichoptera, having two pairs of hairy wings and aquatic larvae (caddisworms)
- cavendish — tobacco that has been sweetened and pressed into moulds to form bars
10 letter words containing dis
- addisonian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Joseph Addison or his works.
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
- aphrodisia — the desire for sexual intimacy
- aspidistra — any Asian plant of the liliaceous genus Aspidistra, esp A. lurida, a popular house plant with long tough evergreen leaves and purplish flowers borne on the ground
- bastardise — to lower in condition or worth; debase: hybrid works that neither preserve nor bastardize existing art forms.
11 letter words containing dis
- aphrodisiac — An aphrodisiac is a food, drink, or drug which is said to make people want to have sex.
- barnyardism — a smutty or indecent word or expression.
- chiropodist — A chiropodist is a person whose job is to treat and care for people's feet.
- condisciple — a fellow disciple or a fellow student
- dis-favored — unfavorable regard; displeasure; disesteem; dislike: The prime minister incurred the king's disfavor.
12 letter words containing dis
13 letter words containing dis
- anaphrodisiac — tending to lessen sexual desire
- aphrodisiacal — having an aphrodisiac quality
- avant-gardism — the attitudes, techniques, etc., of the cultural avant-garde.
- blandishments — Blandishments are pleasant things that someone says to another person in order to persuade them to do something.
- contrabandist — a person who trades in contraband goods; smuggler
14 letter words containing dis
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- arrondissement — the largest administrative subdivision of a department
- cross-dissolve — dissolve (def 17).
- cryptorchidism — a congenital condition in which one or both testicles fail to descend into the scrotum
15 letter words containing dis
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- disadvantageous — characterized by or involving disadvantage; unfavorable; detrimental.
- disappointingly — failing to fulfill one's hopes or expectations: a disappointing movie; a disappointing marriage.
- disarticulation — The act of disarticulating.
- discombobulated — to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.
16 letter words containing dis
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
- disaccreditation — to take away the accreditation or authorization of: to disaccredit a diplomat.
- discombobulation — to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.
17 letter words containing dis
- contradistinction — a distinction made by contrasting different qualities
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
- contradistinguish — to differentiate by means of contrasting or opposing qualities
- disinterestedness — unbiased by personal interest or advantage; not influenced by selfish motives: a disinterested decision by the referee.
- disintermediation — the act of removing funds from savings banks and placing them into short-term investments on which the interest-rate yields are higher.
18 letter words containing dis
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- disproportionation — the simultaneous oxidation and reduction of a substance reacting with itself, thereby forming two dissimilar molecules, as 2C 2 H 4 →C 2 H 6 +C 2 H 2 .
19 letter words containing dis
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
21 letter words containing dis
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
24 letter words containing dis
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing dis
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing dis
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with DIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3672 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains DIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.