Words containing code
4 letter words containing code
- code — A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.
5 letter words containing code
- codec — a set of equipment that encodes an analogue speech or video signal into digital form for transmission purposes and at the receiving end decodes the digital signal into a form close to its original
- coded — Coded messages have words or symbols which represent other words, so that the message is secret unless you know the system behind the code.
- codel — Abbreviation of congressional delegation, government-paid trips abroad, designed to give lawmakers first-hand knowledge of matters relevant to their legislation.
- coden — a unique six-character code assigned to a publication for identification purposes
- coder — a person or thing that codes
6 letter words containing code
7 letter words containing code
- barcode — a machine-readable arrangement of numbers and parallel lines of different widths printed on a package, which can be electronically scanned at a checkout to register the price of the goods and to activate computer stock-checking and reordering
- capcode — (telecommunications) The address of a specific pager in a paging network.
- codeina — a white, crystalline, slightly bitter alkaloid, C 18 H 21 NO 3 , obtained from opium, used in medicine chiefly as an analgesic or sedative and to inhibit coughing.
- codeine — Codeine is a drug which is used to relieve pain, especially headaches, and the symptoms of a cold.
- codetta — a short coda
8 letter words containing code
- autocode — (language) 1. The assembly language accepted by AUTOCODER. 2. A generic term for symbolic assembly language. Versions of Autocode were developed for Ferranti Atlas, Titan, Mercury and Pegasus and IBM 702 and IBM 705.
- barcoded — having a barcode
- codebook — a book containing the means to decipher a code
- codebtor — a fellow debtor
- codeless — lacking a code
9 letter words containing code
- autocoder — (language) Possibly the first primitive compiler. AUTOCODER was written by Alick E. Glennie in 1952. It translated symbolic statements into machine language for the Manchester Mark I computer. Autocoding later came to be a generic term for assembly language programming.
- byte-code — (file format, software) A binary file containing an executable program, consisting of a sequence of (op code, data) pairs. Byte-code op codes are most often fixed size bit patterns, but can be variable size. The data portion consists of zero or more bits whose format typically depends on the op code. A byte-code program is interpreted by a byte-code interpreter. The advantage of this technique compared with outputing machine code for some particular processor is that the same byte-code can be executed on any processor on which the byte-code interpreter runs. The byte-code may be compiled to machine code ("native code") for speed of execution but this usually requires significantly greater effort for each new taraget architecture than simply porting the interpreter. For example, Java is compiled to byte-code which runs on the Java Virtual Machine.
- cacodemon — an evil spirit or devil
- code-name — to assign a code name to.
- codenamed — Simple past tense and past participle of codename.
10 letter words containing code
- cacodemons — Plural form of cacodemon.
- codecenter — (programming) (Formerly Saber-C) A proprietary software development environment for C programs, offering an integrated toolkit for developing, testing, debugging and maintainance.
- codeswitch — Alternative form of code-switch.
- codetalker — A military communications specialist using codes based on an obscure language.
- codewalker — (programming, tool) A program component that analyses other programs. Compilers have codewalkers in their front ends; so do cross-reference generators and some database front ends. Other utility programs that try to do too much with source code may turn into codewalkers. As in "This new 'vgrind' feature would require a codewalker to implement."
11 letter words containing code
- apicodental — articulated with the apex of the tongue near the upper front teeth, as ( (θ) ; t h) ) and (; ð) ; th) )
- cacodemonic — relating to cacodemons
- codebreaker — A person who solves a code or codes.
- codefendant — a fellow defendant
- codependent — A codependent person is in an unsatisfactory relationship with someone who is ill or an addict, but does not want the relationship to end.
12 letter words containing code
- code-sharing — a commercial agreement between two airlines that allows passengers to use a ticket from one airline to travel on another
- codefendants — Plural form of codefendant.
- codependence — (uncountable) The state of being co-dependent.
- codependency — of or relating to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted, as to alcohol or gambling, and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.
- colour-coded — Things that are colour-coded use colours to represent different features or functions.
13 letter words containing code
14 letter words containing code
- code-switching — Linguistics. the alternating or mixed use of two or more languages, especially within the same discourse: My grandma’s code-switching when we cook together reminds me of my family's origins. Bilingual students are discouraged from code-switching during class.
- dihydrocodeine — a synthetic drug similar to codeine, used as an analgesic, an antidiarrhoeal, and to relieve coughing, or used recreationally
15 letter words containing code
- codetermination — joint participation of management and employees or employees' trade union representatives in some decisions
On this page, we collect all words with CODE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 267 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CODE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.