Words containing cod
3 letter words containing cod
- cod — Cod are a type of large edible fish.
4 letter words containing cod
- coda — A coda is a separate passage at the end of something such as a book or a speech that finishes it off.
- code — A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.
- codo — a city in NE Brazil.
- cods — any of several soft-rayed food fishes of the family Gadidae, especially Gadus morhua, of cool, North Atlantic waters.
- cody — William Frederick1846-1917; U.S. plainsman, frontier scout, & showman: called Buffalo Bill
5 letter words containing cod
- codas — Plural form of coda.
- codec — a set of equipment that encodes an analogue speech or video signal into digital form for transmission purposes and at the receiving end decodes the digital signal into a form close to its original
- coded — Coded messages have words or symbols which represent other words, so that the message is secret unless you know the system behind the code.
- codel — Abbreviation of congressional delegation, government-paid trips abroad, designed to give lawmakers first-hand knowledge of matters relevant to their legislation.
- coden — a unique six-character code assigned to a publication for identification purposes
6 letter words containing cod
7 letter words containing cod
- barcode — a machine-readable arrangement of numbers and parallel lines of different widths printed on a package, which can be electronically scanned at a checkout to register the price of the goods and to activate computer stock-checking and reordering
- cacodyl — an oily poisonous liquid with a strong garlic smell; tetramethyldiarsine. Formula: [(CH3)2As]2
- capcode — (telecommunications) The address of a specific pager in a paging network.
- cod-act — to play tricks; fool
- codable — capable of being coded
8 letter words containing cod
- autocode — (language) 1. The assembly language accepted by AUTOCODER. 2. A generic term for symbolic assembly language. Versions of Autocode were developed for Ferranti Atlas, Titan, Mercury and Pegasus and IBM 702 and IBM 705.
- barcoded — having a barcode
- blackcod — sablefish.
- cacodoxy — an erroneous doctrine or heterodoxy
- coddling — Act in a sissifying way.
9 letter words containing cod
- anticodon — a three-base unit of genetic code contained in transfer RNA that corresponds to a codon region on messenger RNA, involved in genetic translation
- autocoder — (language) Possibly the first primitive compiler. AUTOCODER was written by Alick E. Glennie in 1952. It translated symbolic statements into machine language for the Manchester Mark I computer. Autocoding later came to be a generic term for assembly language programming.
- barcoding — The assignment of a barcode to a product and the printing of the barcode on the product.
- byte-code — (file format, software) A binary file containing an executable program, consisting of a sequence of (op code, data) pairs. Byte-code op codes are most often fixed size bit patterns, but can be variable size. The data portion consists of zero or more bits whose format typically depends on the op code. A byte-code program is interpreted by a byte-code interpreter. The advantage of this technique compared with outputing machine code for some particular processor is that the same byte-code can be executed on any processor on which the byte-code interpreter runs. The byte-code may be compiled to machine code ("native code") for speed of execution but this usually requires significantly greater effort for each new taraget architecture than simply porting the interpreter. For example, Java is compiled to byte-code which runs on the Java Virtual Machine.
- cacodemon — an evil spirit or devil
10 letter words containing cod
- anticodons — Plural form of anticodon.
- cacodaemon — Wicked or malevolent spirit as opposed to agathodemon (a good spirit).
- cacodemons — Plural form of cacodemon.
- cacodylate — a salt of cacodylic acid.
- codecenter — (programming) (Formerly Saber-C) A proprietary software development environment for C programs, offering an integrated toolkit for developing, testing, debugging and maintainance.
11 letter words containing cod
- apicodental — articulated with the apex of the tongue near the upper front teeth, as ( (θ) ; t h) ) and (; ð) ; th) )
- cacodemonic — relating to cacodemons
- codebreaker — A person who solves a code or codes.
- codefendant — a fellow defendant
- codependent — A codependent person is in an unsatisfactory relationship with someone who is ill or an addict, but does not want the relationship to end.
12 letter words containing cod
- cacodaemonic — Daemonic.
- code-sharing — a commercial agreement between two airlines that allows passengers to use a ticket from one airline to travel on another
- codefendants — Plural form of codefendant.
- codependence — (uncountable) The state of being co-dependent.
- codependency — of or relating to a relationship in which one person is physically or psychologically addicted, as to alcohol or gambling, and the other person is psychologically dependent on the first in an unhealthy way.
13 letter words containing cod
- codeclination — the astronomical coordinate complementary to the declination
- codeswitching — Alternative form of code-switching.
- codifiability — the quality of being codifiable
- leucodepleted — of or denoting blood from which the white cells have been removed
- mollycoddlers — Plural form of mollycoddler.
14 letter words containing cod
- code-switching — Linguistics. the alternating or mixed use of two or more languages, especially within the same discourse: My grandma’s code-switching when we cook together reminds me of my family's origins. Bilingual students are discouraged from code-switching during class.
- dihydrocodeine — a synthetic drug similar to codeine, used as an analgesic, an antidiarrhoeal, and to relieve coughing, or used recreationally
- narcodiagnosis — the use of drugs to produce narcosis as an aid in diagnosis.
- recodification — the act, process, or result of arranging in a systematic form or code.
15 letter words containing cod
16 letter words containing cod
- pharmacodynamics — the branch of pharmacology dealing with the course of action, effect, and breakdown of drugs within the body.
17 letter words containing cod
- codlins-and-cream — an onagraceous plant, Epilobium hirsutum, native to Europe and Asia and introduced into North America, having purplish-red flowers and hairy stems and leaves
18 letter words containing cod
- crocodile-infested — full of crocodiles
On this page, we collect all words with COD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 447 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains COD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.