Words containing close
5 letter words containing close
- close — When you close something such as a door or lid or when it closes, it moves so that a hole, gap, or opening is covered.
6 letter words containing close
- closed — A closed group of people does not welcome new people or ideas from outside.
- closer — someone or something that closes
- closes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of close.
- closet — A closet is a piece of furniture with doors at the front and shelves inside, which is used for storing things.
- eclose — To give rise to, or to undergo eclosion.
7 letter words containing close
8 letter words containing close
- close-by — nearby; adjacent; neighboring.
- close-in — near, as to a common center; adjacent, especially to a city: The city is enveloping its close-in suburbs.
- close-up — the end or conclusion: at the close of day; the close of the speech.
- closeout — A closeout at a store is a sale at which goods are sold at reduced prices.
- closeted — If you are closeted with someone, you are talking privately to them.
9 letter words containing close
- close-run — If you describe something such as a race or contest as a close-run thing, you mean that it was only won by a very small amount.
- close-set — (esp of the eyes) positioned close together
- closeable — able to be closed
- closedown — a termination or suspension of operations; shutdown: a temporary closedown of a factory.
- closehead — the entrance to a tenement close
10 letter words containing close
- close-knit — A close-knit group of people are closely linked, do things together, and take an interest in each other.
- closed-end — of or pertaining to an investment company issuing a fixed number of shares which are traded on an exchange
- closedness — The property of being closed.
- closedowns — Plural form of closedown.
- closestool — Alternative form of close-stool.
11 letter words containing close
- close-stool — a wooden stool containing a covered chamber pot
- closed-door — private; barred to members of the public
- closed-loop — of or relating to a processing system in which effluents are recycled, that is, treated and returned for reuse.
- closefisted — stingy
- closehauled — having the sails adjusted for heading as nearly as possible into the wind
12 letter words containing close
13 letter words containing close
- close-at-hand — lying in the near future or vicinity; nearby or imminent.
- close-cropped — Close-cropped hair or grass is cut very short.
- close-fitting — Close-fitting clothes fit tightly and show the shape of your body.
- close-grained — (of wood) dense or compact in texture
- close-mouthed — Someone who is close-mouthed about something does not say much about it.
14 letter words containing close
15 letter words containing close
- normally-closed — Normally-closed switch contacts are in a closed state at rest.
16 letter words containing close
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
17 letter words containing close
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
On this page, we collect all words with CLOSE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 221 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CLOSE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.