Words containing cle
4 letter words containing cle
- -cle — indicating smallness
- acle — the hard, durable wood of a Philippine leguminous tree, Albizzia acle, used for making fine furniture.
- clea — a female given name, form of Cleopatra.
- clef — A clef is a symbol at the beginning of a line of music that indicates the pitch of the written notes.
- cleg — another name for a horsefly, esp one of the genus Haematopota
5 letter words containing cle
- clean — Something that is clean is free from dirt or unwanted marks.
- clear — Something that is clear is easy to understand, see, or hear.
- cleat — A cleat is a kind of hook with two ends which is used to hold ropes, especially on sailing boats.
- cleck — (of birds) to hatch
- cleek — a large hook, such as one used to land fish
6 letter words containing cle
- boucle — looped yarn giving a knobbly effect
- chicle — a gumlike substance obtained from the sapodilla; the main ingredient of chewing gum
- circle — A circle is a shape consisting of a curved line completely surrounding an area. Every part of the line is the same distance from the centre of the area.
- cleane — Obsolete spelling of clean.
- cleans — Plural form of clean.
7 letter words containing cle
- article — An article is a piece of writing that is published in a newspaper or magazine.
- auricle — the upper chamber of the heart; atrium
- bicycle — A bicycle is a vehicle with two wheels which you ride by sitting on it and pushing two pedals with your feet. You steer it by turning a bar that is connected to the front wheel.
- binocle — an opera- or field-glass employing telescopic tubes for both eyes
- calicle — calyculus
8 letter words containing cle
- arbuscle — a small tree, or a plant halfway between a shrub and a tree
- articled — In Britain, someone who is articled to a firm of lawyers or accountants is employed by the firm and is training to become qualified.
- articles — legal training
- auricled — (botany) auriculate.
- auricles — Plural form of auricle.
9 letter words containing cle
- adminicle — something contributing to prove a point without itself being complete proof
- all-clear — the signal that an air raid or other danger is over.
- anacletus — flourished 1st century a.d, pope 76–88.
- androcles — (in Roman legend) a slave whose life was spared in the arena by a lion from whose paw he had once extracted a thorn
- anucleate — (of a cell) having no nucleus
10 letter words containing cle
11 letter words containing cle
12 letter words containing cle
- anti-nuclear — opposed to military and industrial applications of nuclear energy and to technologies which produce radioactive waste products
- anticlerical — opposed to the power and influence of the clergy, esp in politics
- antinucleons — Plural form of antinucleon.
- antiparticle — any of a group of elementary particles that have the same mass and spin as their corresponding particle but have opposite values for all other nonzero quantum numbers. When a particle collides with its antiparticle, mutual annihilation occurs
- asclepiadean — of or relating to a type of classical verse line consisting of a spondee, two or three choriambs, and an iamb
13 letter words containing cle
- antiparticles — Plural form of antiparticle.
- astroparticle — (astrophysics) A subatomic particle of cosmic origin.
- clear-coating — an automotive painting technique in which a coating of clear lacquer or other synthetic liquid is applied over the base color to enhance the shine and durability of the paint.
- clear-sighted — If you describe someone as clear-sighted, you admire them because they are able to understand situations well and to make sensible judgments and decisions about them.
- clearheadedly — In a clearheaded manner.
14 letter words containing cle
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenosclerosis — (medicine) The hardening of a gland.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- bicycle-racing — the act or sport of riding or traveling by bicycle, motorcycle, etc.
- clean-and-jerk — a lift in weightlifting in which the weight is held momentarily at shoulder height before being thrust overhead
15 letter words containing cle
- anticlericalism — opposed to the influence and activities of the clergy or the church in secular or public affairs.
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- atherosclerosis — a degenerative disease of the arteries characterized by patchy thickening of the inner lining of the arterial walls, caused by deposits of fatty material; a form of arteriosclerosis
- atherosclerotic — Of, pertaining to, or afflicted with atherosclerosis.
- clearheadedness — The quality of being clearheaded.
16 letter words containing cle
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
- arteriosclerotic — degenerative changes in the arteries, characterized by thickening of the vessel walls and accumulation of calcium with consequent loss of elasticity and lessened blood flow.
- chemonucleolysis — treatment for a herniated spinal disk in which chymopapain is injected into the disk to dissolve tissue.
- clearance-papers — the act of clearing.
- clearsightedness — The property of being clearsighted.
17 letter words containing cle
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
- desoxyribonucleic — Alternative spelling of deoxyribonucleic.
- dideoxynucleotide — (biochemistry) Any nucleotide formed from a deoxynucleotide by loss of a second hydroxy group from the deoxyribose group.
- nuclear-isomerism — Chemistry. the relation of two or more compounds, radicals, or ions that are composed of the same kinds and numbers of atoms but differ from each other in structural arrangement (structural isomerism) as CH 3 OCH 3 and CH 3 CH 2 OH, or in the arrangement of their atoms in space and therefore in one or more properties. Compare optical isomerism, stereoisomerism.
18 letter words containing cle
19 letter words containing cle
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- sternocleidomastoid — of, relating to, or involving the sternum, the clavicle, and the mastoid process.
20 letter words containing cle
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- deoxyribonucleotides — Plural form of deoxyribonucleotide.
- nephroangiosclerosis — (pathology) sclerosis of the renal arterioles.
22 letter words containing cle
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
24 letter words containing cle
- oligodeoxyribonucleotide — (biochemistry) Any oligonucleotide composed of deoxyribose monomemers.
On this page, we collect all words with CLE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1542 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CLE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.