Words containing cit
4 letter words containing cit
- cite — If you cite something, you quote it or mention it, especially as an example or proof of what you are saying.
- cito — swiftly
- cits — pure consciousness.
- city — The City is the part of London where many important financial institutions have their main offices. People often refer to these financial institutions as the City.
5 letter words containing cit
- ccitt — Commite' Consultatif International de Telegraphique et Telephonique. (International consultative committee on telecommunications and Telegraphy). CCITT changed its name to ITU-T on 1 March 1993.
- cital — a court summons
- cited — to quote (a passage, book, author, etc.), especially as an authority: He cited the Constitution in his defense.
- citer — to quote (a passage, book, author, etc.), especially as an authority: He cited the Constitution in his defense.
- cites — Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
6 letter words containing cit
- -acity — a (specified) characteristic, quality, or tendency
- -icity — -icity replaces '-ic' at the end of adjectives to form nouns referring to the state, quality, or behaviour described by the adjective.
- accite — to call or send for officially or by authority
- cecity — a rare word for blindness
- citato — l.s.c.
7 letter words containing cit
- ascites — accumulation of serous fluid in the peritoneal cavity
- ascitic — accumulation of serous fluid in the peritoneal cavity; dropsy of the peritoneum.
- brucite — the mineral form of magnesium hydroxide, translucent and white or pale green in colour
- calcite — a colourless or white mineral (occasionally tinged with impurities), found in sedimentary and metamorphic rocks, in veins, in limestone, and in stalagmites and stalactites. It is used in the manufacture of cement, plaster, paint, glass, and fertilizer. Composition: calcium carbonate. Formula: CaCO3. Crystal structure: hexagonal (rhombohedral)
- cecitis — the inflammation of the caecum
8 letter words containing cit
- aduncity — the quality of being hooked or curved inward
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- analcite — a white, grey, or colourless zeolite mineral consisting of hydrated sodium aluminium silicate in cubic crystalline form. Formula: NaAlSi2O6.H2O
- anticity — opposed to cities
- apricity — (obsolete) The warmth of the Sun.
9 letter words containing cit
10 letter words containing cit
- anthracite — Anthracite is a type of very hard coal which burns slowly, producing a lot of heat and very little smoke.
- atrocities — acts of extreme cruelty, esp against prisoners or civilians in wartime
- atrocity's — the quality or state of being atrocious.
- audacities — Plural form of audacity.
- bacitracin — an antibiotic used mainly in treating bacterial skin infections: obtained from the bacterium Bacillus subtilis
11 letter words containing cit
- analyticity — the property of being analytic
- anthracitic — Pertaining to, or composed of, anthracite.
- aromaticity — the property of certain planar cyclic conjugated molecules, esp benzene, of behaving like unsaturated molecules and undergoing substitution reactions rather than addition as a result of delocalization of electrons in the ring
- ascititious — having been added to from something inessential or separate
- beneplacito — an indication of approval
12 letter words containing cit
- adscititious — added or supplemental; additional
- alcoholicity — the strength of an alcoholic liquor
- anelasticity — the property of a substance which has a disproportionate relationship between stress and strain
- antigenicity — the quality or extent of being antigenic
- aperiodicity — not periodic; irregular.
13 letter words containing cit
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- allergenicity — causing allergic sensitization.
- anharmonicity — (mechanics) Of or pertaining to the deviation of a system from harmonicity (being a harmonic oscillator).
- baroclinicity — a common state of fluid stratification in which surfaces of constant pressure and others of constant density are not parallel but intersect.
- barytocalcite — a mineral, double carbonate of calcium and barium, CaCO 3 ⋅BaCO 3 , usually found in veins of lead minerals.
14 letter words containing cit
- adscititiously — In an adscititious way.
- aeroelasticity — the science that studies how inertial, elastic, and aerodynamic forces interact
- asynchronicity — (uncountable) The state of being asynchronous.
- bioelectricity — electricity generated by a living organism
- cardiotoxicity — The state or condition of being cardiotoxic.
15 letter words containing cit
- ambisyllabicity — (poetry) The property of a consonant being analysed as acting simultaneously as the coda of one syllable and the onset of the following syllable.
- autorhythmicity — The quality of being autorhythmic, or generating its own rhythm, as for example the cells of the cardiac muscle do.
- carcinogenicity — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- duplicitousness — The state or condition of being duplicitous.
- encyclopedicity — The quality or state of being encyclopedic.
16 letter words containing cit
- complicitousness — (rare, possibly nonstandard) Complicity.
- electrophilicity — (chemistry, uncountable) the condition of being electrophilic.
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
- hydroelectricity — pertaining to the generation and distribution of electricity derived from the energy of falling water or any other hydraulic source.
- hyper-excitement — an excited state or condition.
17 letter words containing cit
- hyperexcitability — an excessive reaction to stimuli.
- magnetoelasticity — the phenomenon, consisting of a change in magnetic properties, exhibited by a ferromagnetic material to which stress is applied.
- publicity-seeking — eager to attract publicity
- stereospecificity — (of a reaction) producing a simple stereoisomer.
- thermoelectricity — electricity generated by heat or temperature difference, as in a thermocouple.
18 letter words containing cit
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- heteroscedasticity — (statistics) The property of a series of random variables of 'not' every variable having the same finite variance.
- heteroskedasticity — Alternative spelling of heteroscedasticity.
- magnetoelectricity — electricity developed by the action of magnets.
- pseudoappendicitis — inflammation of the vermiform appendix.
19 letter words containing cit
- tangential-velocity — the component of the linear motion of a star with respect to the sun, measured along a line perpendicular to its line of sight and expressed in miles or kilometers per second.
24 letter words containing cit
- magnetothermoelectricity — thermoelectricity induced or affected by a magnetic field.
On this page, we collect all words with CIT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 994 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CIT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.