Words containing cis
3 letter words containing cis
- cis — cisgender or cissexual: He may not be macho, but he's definitely a cis male.
4 letter words containing cis
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- cis- — on this or the near side of
- cisc — Complex Instruction Set Computer
- cisi — (company) A French software producer.
- cist — a wooden box for holding ritual objects used in ancient Rome and Greece
5 letter words containing cis
6 letter words containing cis
- baucis — a poor peasant woman who, with her husband Philemon, was rewarded for hospitality to the disguised gods Zeus and Hermes
- cercis — any tree or shrub of the leguminous genus Cercis, which includes the redbud and Judas tree
- cisele — noting or pertaining to velvet having a chiseled or embossed pattern produced by contrasting cut and uncut pile.
- cishet — noting or relating to a person who is cisgender and heterosexual.
- ciskei — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in SE South Africa; declared independent in 1981 but this was not recognized outside South Africa; abolished in 1993. Capital: Bisho (now Bhisho)
7 letter words containing cis
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abscise — to separate or be separated by abscission
- chalcis — a city on the island of Euboea in SE Greece, at the narrowest point of the Euripus strait: important since the 7th century bc, founding many colonies in ancient times. Pop (municipality): 55 264 (2001)
- ciscoes — Plural form of cisco.
- ciseaux — a jump in which the dancer's legs are opened wide in the air and closed on landing.
8 letter words containing cis
- abscisic — Of or pertaining to abscisic acid or its derivatives. (First attested in the mid 20th century.).
- abscisin — a plant hormone that plays a major role in adapting plants to suit different weather conditions
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- accismus — (rhetoric) Feigning disinterest in something while actually desiring it.
- aquacise — A type of physical exercise practiced in water mostly vertically and without swimming, typically in a swimming pool in waist deep or deeper water.
9 letter words containing cis
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abscising — Present participle of abscise.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- abscissas — Plural form of abscissa.
- anglicise — (transitive) To make English, as to customs, culture, pronunciation, spelling, or style.
10 letter words containing cis
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- anglicised — Made into a form similar to that used by the English.
- antiracism — the policy of challenging racism and promoting racial tolerance
- antiracist — a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that one's own racial group is superior or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
- archaicism — an archaism
11 letter words containing cis
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- agnosticism — Agnosticism is the belief that it is not possible to say definitely whether or not there is a God. Compare atheism.
- antifascism — opposition to fascism
- antifascist — opposed to fascism
- apoliticism — the quality of being apolitical
12 letter words containing cis
- aestheticism — the doctrine that aesthetic principles are of supreme importance and that works of art should be judged accordingly
- aestheticist — a person devoted to aesthetics and the pursuit of beauty
- anti-fascism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
- chromaticism — the use of chromatic tones.
- circumcising — Present participle of circumcise.
13 letter words containing cis
- androdioecism — the state of being androdioecious
- anglicisation — The process by which something or someone (usually a word) is made more English. Usually applied to language or culture.
- antisepticise — to render antiseptic
- antisepticism — the treatment of sepsis using antiseptics
- apologeticism — An instance of the use of apologetics.
14 letter words containing cis
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- andromonoecism — the condition of being andromonoecious
- apocalypticism — the belief in apocalyptic prophecy
- astrophysicist — An astrophysicist is someone who studies astrophysics.
- circumscissile — (of the dry dehiscent fruits of certain plants) opening completely by a transverse split
15 letter words containing cis
16 letter words containing cis
17 letter words containing cis
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- neo-scholasticism — a contemporary application of Scholasticism to modern problems and life.
18 letter words containing cis
19 letter words containing cis
- rock-paper-scissors — a method of selecting, for example, which of two people perform a task: each person simultaneously makes one of three hand gestures representing a rock, a sheet of paper, and a pair of scissors respectively. Each gesture defeats one and is defeated by one of the other two: rock defeats scissors but is defeated by paper; paper defeats rock but is defeated by scissors. The person whose gesture defeats the other is selected
20 letter words containing cis
- hyperadrenocorticism — Cushing's syndrome.
On this page, we collect all words with CIS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 719 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CIS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.