Words containing ci
3 letter words containing ci
- cia — The CIA is the government organization in the United States that collects secret information about other countries. CIA is an abbreviation for 'Central Intelligence Agency'.
- cib — Criminal Investigation Branch (of New Zealand police)
- cid — The CID is the branch of the police force in Britain concerned with finding out who has committed crimes. CID is an abbreviation for 'Criminal Investigation Department'.
- cie — compagnie
- cif — Caltech Intermediate Form
4 letter words containing ci
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- acii — Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- asci — ascus
- ciao — Some people say 'Ciao' as an informal way of saying goodbye to someone who they expect to see again soon.
5 letter words containing ci
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- acidy — of the nature of or resembling acid; sharp; sour: an acidy taste.
- acini — Botany. one of the small drupelets or berries of an aggregate, baccate fruit, as the blackberry.
- aecia — the fruiting body of rust fungi, which bears chainlike or stalked spores.
- alcid — any of twenty-two species of oceanic birds of the family Alcidae
6 letter words containing ci
- acacia — An acacia or an acacia tree is a tree which grows in warm countries and which usually has small yellow or white flowers.
- accius — Lucius, c170–c90 b.c, Roman poet and prose writer.
- acidic — Acidic substances contain acid.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- acinar — of or relating to any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
7 letter words containing ci
8 letter words containing ci
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- accident — An accident happens when a vehicle hits a person, an object, or another vehicle, causing injury or damage.
- acicular — shaped like a needle.
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- acidemia — a state of abnormally high acidity of the blood due to an increase in hydrogen ions
9 letter words containing ci
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
10 letter words containing ci
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- accidental — An accidental event happens by chance or as the result of an accident, and is not deliberately intended.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
11 letter words containing ci
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
12 letter words containing ci
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
- adscititious — added or supplemental; additional
13 letter words containing ci
14 letter words containing ci
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
15 letter words containing ci
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- anti-commercial — of, relating to, or characteristic of commerce.
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autodidacticism — any self-directed learning or self-education
16 letter words containing ci
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anti-romanticism — romantic spirit or tendency.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- circumnavigation — to sail or fly around; make the circuit of by navigation: to circumnavigate the earth.
17 letter words containing ci
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
18 letter words containing ci
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-scholasticism — narrow adherence to traditional teachings, doctrines, or methods.
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
19 letter words containing ci
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
23 letter words containing ci
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words with CI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8732 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.