Words containing chron
5 letter words containing chron
- chron — (geology) A period of time between two geomagnetic reversals.
6 letter words containing chron
7 letter words containing chron
- chronal — Of or pertaining to time.
- chronic — A chronic illness or disability lasts for a very long time. Compare acute.
- chronid — (zoology) Any member of the Chronidae.
- chrono- — indicating time
- chronon — a unit of time equal to the time that a photon would take to traverse the diameter of an electron: about 10–24 seconds
8 letter words containing chron
9 letter words containing chron
- anachrony — a discrepancy between the order of events in a story and the order in which they are presented in the plot: Anachronies are either flashbacks or flashforwards.
- chronaxie — the minimum time required for excitation of a nerve or muscle when the stimulus is double the minimum (threshold) necessary to elicit a basic response
- chronical — relating to or controlled by time
- chronicle — To chronicle a series of events means to write about them or show them in broadcasts in the order in which they happened.
- chrononym — (semiotics) A term for a specific period of time, such as
10 letter words containing chron
11 letter words containing chron
- allochronic — (biology, of taxa) occurring in different geologic time.
- anachronism — You say that something is an anachronism when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
- anachronist — A person who has anachronistic views or habits.
- anachronize — To refer to, or put into, a wrong time.
- anachronous — relating to anachronism; misplaced chronologically
12 letter words containing chron
13 letter words containing chron
- anachronistic — You say that something is anachronistic when you think that it is out of date or old-fashioned.
- anachronously — in an anachronous manner
- chronobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the periodicity occurring in living organisms
- chronographic — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- chronokinesis — (science fiction) The ability to manipulate time relevant to oneself.
14 letter words containing chron
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- asynchronicity — (uncountable) The state of being asynchronous.
- asynchronistic — Not synchronistic.
- asynchronously — In an asynchronous manner.
- chronobiologic — relating to chronobiology
15 letter words containing chron
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- chronobiologist — A person who is involved in chronobiology.
- chronologically — arranged in the order of time: a chronological list of events.
- desynchronizing — Present participle of desynchronize.
- geochronologist — A geologist whose speciality is geochronology.
16 letter words containing chron
- dendrochronology — the study of the annual rings of trees, used esp to date past events
- geochronological — Of or pertaining to geochronology.
- geochronologists — Plural form of geochronologist.
- glottochronology — the branch of lexicostatistics that studies the rate of replacement of vocabulary and attempts to determine what percentage of basic vocabulary two presently distinct but related languages share, using the information thus obtained to estimate how long ago they ceased being a single language.
- photochronograph — a device formerly used for taking a series of instantaneous photographs of a rapidly moving object.
17 letter words containing chron
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- desynchronisation — (British spelling) Alternative form of desynchronization.
- desynchronization — to cause to indicate the same time, as one timepiece with another: Synchronize your watches.
- synchronistically — coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
18 letter words containing chron
19 letter words containing chron
20 letter words containing chron
- post-synchronization — the recording of dialogue and sound effects in synchronization with the picture after the film has been shot.
21 letter words containing chron
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
On this page, we collect all words with CHRON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 212 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHRON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.