Words containing chroma
6 letter words containing chroma
- chroma — the attribute of a colour that enables an observer to judge how much chromatic colour it contains irrespective of achromatic colour present
8 letter words containing chroma
9 letter words containing chroma
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- achromats — Plural form of achromat.
- chromagen — (biochemistry) Any compound, such as heme, that forms a biological pigment when attached to a protein.
- chromakey — (in colour television) a special effect in which a coloured background can be eliminated and a different background substituted
- chromates — Plural form of chromate.
10 letter words containing chroma
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- apochromat — a lens, consisting of three or more elements of different types of glass, that is designed to bring light of three colours to the same focal point, thus reducing its chromatic aberration
- bichromate — dichromate
11 letter words containing chroma
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- chromascope — An instrument for showing the optical effects of colour.
- chromatinic — Of or pertaining to chromatin.
12 letter words containing chroma
- achromatopia — Defective ability to see colours.
- achromatopsy — Color blindness; inability to distinguish colors; daltonism, achromatopia.
- apochromatic — (of a lens) almost free from spherical and chromatic aberration
- chromaticism — the use of chromatic tones.
- chromaticity — the quality of a colour or light with reference to its purity and its dominant wavelength
13 letter words containing chroma
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
- chromatically — In a chromatic manner.
14 letter words containing chroma
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chromatography — the technique of separating and analysing the components of a mixture of liquids or gases by selective adsorption in, for example, a column of powder (column chromatography) or on a strip of paper (paper chromatography)
- chromatophilia — chromophilia.
- chromatophilic — Also, chromophilic, chromophilous [kroh-mof-uh-luh s] /kroʊˈmɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA), chromatophilic, chromatophilous. staining readily.
15 letter words containing chroma
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- chromatographer — A person skilled in chromatography or who operates a chromatograph.
- chromatographic — (analytical chemistry) Of or pertaining to chromatography.
- hemochromatosis — a rare metabolic disorder characterized by a bronzed skin, cirrhosis, and severe diabetes, caused by the deposit in tissue, especially of the liver and pancreas, of hemosiderin and other pigments containing iron.
- heterochromatic — of, having, or pertaining to more than one color.
16 letter words containing chroma
17 letter words containing chroma
- monochromatically — of or having one color.
18 letter words containing chroma
- polychromatophilic — having an affinity for more than one kind of stain, especially for acid, neutral, and basic stains, as polychromatophilic erythroblasts characteristic of pernicious anemia.
19 letter words containing chroma
21 letter words containing chroma
- electrochromatography — chromatography effected by the influence of an applied electric field
On this page, we collect all words with CHROMA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 132 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHROMA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.